Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana at Illinois Thu 1/19/23 8:30pm FS1

10 minutes ago, Demo said:

Some things never change. Saw a game there against Michigan in ‘90 or ‘91. The atmosphere was the worst and it was so drab that it made a good game not that fun. Though gonna go out on a limb and guess last night was ok fun. 

Very few people in that arena were having as much fun as me. I wasn't being an a-hole about it, but boy was I having a time.

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Very few people in that arena were having as much fun as me. I wasn't being an a-hole about it, but boy was I having a time.

You could legit feel the anger and frustration of UI fans through the TV as the game progressed. 

It was wonderful.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

omg forgot to tell you guys a story!!!!!!!

This one guy that was body painted head to toe to look like The Chief tried chest bumping my wife so I grabbed him by the neck and threw him down the stairs. She turned and looked at me and said "my hero!" and we embraced. Chief guy comes back up the stairs, stops at our seats, and stares at me for a good 15 seconds before offering a handshake. As we shake hands, he pulls me in close and says "TJD is my favorite player" and out of nowhere pulls out 2 tubs of body paint, one crimson one cream. We then candy striped him top to bottom and drank warm beers together, singing This Is Indiana until they cut us off.

He doesn't need counseling, he needs a rubber room.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

51 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Feel like there's a pretty decent chance here to get a 6 game winning streak heading into PU game. One game at a time especially with this group but in paper it seems very doable.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

On 1/10/2023 at 2:01 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

There is a very real chance we are 1-7 in 2 weeks. That's not off the wall. Woody isn't going to win anyone over at 1-7. 

No. Just no. Neither. No.

We are good. When we get X and Race back we will be even better.

But B1G teams are tough to beat every single time. We will win plenty and we will lose some.

45 minutes ago, str8baller said:

If he keeps his energy level high, his athleticism will allow his contributions to out weigh his brain farts.  

There’s no way to measure this, but I personally don’t think it’s a coincidence he finally stepped into a couple nice jumpers last night (from the limited parts of the game I saw). He’s just an overall better player when he’s flying around the court. 

And we finally agree!

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But B1G teams are tough to beat every single time. We will win plenty and we will lose some.

Win on Sunday baby...just win. 

I'm fine staying out of the top 25 and making the tourney...I like the unranked version of us that we are currently seeing ha-ha. But, if we keep playing at this intensity and clip, we will find ourselves back in there. 

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

Feel like there's a pretty decent chance here to get a 6 game winning streak heading into PU game. One game at a time especially with this group but in paper it seems very doable.

I less than a week ago we were never going to win another game in the Big 1.o and now we're streaking for 6 after a great roadie!

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:
  1. Only Xavier Johnson could find a way to get a tech while in a walking boot.
  2. I thought the refereeing was fine. Did they miss some? I'm sure because they always do. Too much, too fast makes for an imperfect process.
  3. If Mike Woodson is paying attention, and he clearly is, the next few prep days are going to include a lot of Trayce playing out of double teams. I love that we'll be doing so with those friendly, comfy, Assembly Hall three point rims.

Add breaking a press to your prep list.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

omg forgot to tell you guys a story!!!!!!!

This one guy that was body painted head to toe to look like The Chief tried chest bumping my wife so I grabbed him by the neck and threw him down the stairs. She turned and looked at me and said "my hero!" and we embraced. Chief guy comes back up the stairs, stops at our seats, and stares at me for a good 15 seconds before offering a handshake. As we shake hands, he pulls me in close and says "TJD is my favorite player" and out of nowhere pulls out 2 tubs of body paint, one crimson one cream. We then candy striped him top to bottom and drank warm beers together, singing This Is Indiana until they cut us off.

there you go...

18 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

God win but still plenty of room for improvement. If I had seen these numbers before the game I would have expected the score to be reversed.

3-pointers: IU 3-9, UI 8-19

OREB: IU 9, UI 14

TO: IU 17, UI 9 (UI with 11 steals)

PF: IU 20, UI 9

those weren't really turnovers, more like handoffs.

I less than a week ago we were never going to win another game in the Big 1.o and now we're streaking for 6 after a great roadie!
It's not just last night though. If we win Sunday I like our chances in the next 3 if, Big if, we get the same consistency as we have these last 2 games.

MSU- win your home games
@Minnesota- everyone already had this one penciled in
OSU- struggling and win your home games
@Maryland- least likely but winnable

What did I say that was so outlandish? You look at those 4 games and they are what I said which is doable.

And for the record I never said we wouldn't win another B1G game.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Lol... Right... Because we were soooo out of place thinking we'd go 1-7 after the NW and PSU games...