Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana at Illinois Thu 1/19/23 8:30pm FS1

If anyone has a good understanding of the early technical against Race and/or another IU player on the bench, please enlighten us.  

I think that IU players have started to realize that effort throughout the game is a requirement to compete well.  Wonder what changed?  Did TJD get into players' faces and really start vocalizing?  Did Coach Woody's getting on TJD make the difference?  How is TJD's back?  Is Shafino's wrist ok?  Who is the best defender on IU's team.  Is Coach Woody turning it up a notch?  A tip of the old toupee to the team and the coaches.  And to those fans that cheer IU through thick and thin.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Petty clear at this point, we ain't winning the Big Ten, but with revised expectations, 9-9 easily gets you into the NCAA tourney with our conference schedule. 

Does the NCAA allow us to toss out our two worst conference performances? 

3 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

If anyone has a good understanding of the early technical against Race and/or another IU player on the bench, please enlighten us.  

I think that IU players have started to realize that effort throughout the game is a requirement to compete well.  Wonder what changed?  Did TJD get into players' faces and really start vocalizing?  Did Coach Woody's getting on TJD make the difference?  How is TJD's back?  Is Shafino's wrist ok?  Who is the best defender on IU's team.  Is Coach Woody turning it up a notch?  A tip of the old toupee to the team and the coaches.  And to those fans that cheer IU through thick and thin.

This should never be seen in a game by an official. He got what he wanted out of it. As for your other questions, we only know of 3 things that have happened. They had a tough 3-hour practice before the Wisconsin game, TJD held a players-only meeting before the Wisconsin game, and Woodson had a sit-down talk with Geronimo before Wisconsin. 

10 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

He is when he plays hard. Stop shooting 3’s though . The one he made he was way too wide open not to shoot, but the others were not smart. His basketball iq needs to improve on both ends. I did like his effort tonight. We need him!

He only shot 3. The first, as you said, was wide open and he had to take it. One was at the end of the shot clock when he’d already passed 2 open looks, so he had to take that one as well, and pretty much did so in the smartest way possible. The other, I at least recall being open. I’ll take his performance last night including those 3 three’s every game please.

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Hova this morning.

258,838 Dog Relaxing Images, Stock Photos & Vectors ...

Hova this morning, part II:

https://www.tiktok.com/@whichkatie/video/6861942862326615301

"Normally I don't put sugar or syrups in my coffee because I like my coffee like my soul; bitter as ****."

lol

25 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Wow not sure we've seen a performance like that in a long time. That was a lot of fun.

Not sure why they decided to guard TJD 1 on 1 but sure glad they did.

The D is the last two games has been phenomenal.

We get more lame T's than any other team I have ever seen. Why is an official going into our bench looking for trouble?

We're still not in the double bonus for the game. only 8 fouls on ILL for the whole night. They pressed and trapped the whole second half.

Big Ten officiating is not getting any better. 

We have a chance if we win Sunday to string a few in a row with Minny & OSU coming up.

Go Hoosiers!! 

We gave Ill some wide open looks from deep but they missed on at least a few. I'd rather not chance this against MSU as that was a big reason they got and extended the lead against Rutger from what I saw.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hova this morning, part II:

https://www.tiktok.com/@whichkatie/video/6861942862326615301

"Normally I don't put sugar or syrups in my coffee because I like my coffee like my soul; bitter as ****."

lol

I DONT DRINK SILLY COFFEE DRINKS WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING PINNED ON ME

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That was a much needed win. Got another needed win coming up on Sunday. Hopefully these guys can keep up this energy. It's what's needed nightly to win. 

Petty clear at this point, we ain't winning the Big Ten, but with revised expectations, 9-9 easily gets you into the NCAA tourney with our conference schedule. 

You mean 10-10?    9-11 would get them in with the road win against Xavier and home against North Carolina if I was a betting man.   Just have to take care of Minny on the road and at minimum a 9-11 conference record should get them in(minimum meaning not what I would want or you would want just giving the minimum requirement.    

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It honestly was pretty cordial throughout the night. I saw more rowdiness from IU fans at Kansas than last night. Everyone I talked to before the game from both sides wasn't sure what to expect, since that's the norm for both teams. Then once the game started, the onslaught happened so fast that the Illinois fans had their heads in their hands at the under-12 lol. At no point was the arena any louder than when Jackson State came to Bloomington, even before tipoff when they played the goofy Tyler Griffey video. And like I said further up the thread, the crowd got cut by about 25% at the 10 minute timeout we took and it was maybe half full at the under-8. Classic.

Walking out of there was magical. They were all just SO sad and like I said, I'm not the guy to go pick a fight so I just soaked it all in as we walked to the car. Their arena post-renovation still sucks, by the way. Concourses are about 10 feet wide and grey. It feels like you're walking through a dungeon. If you aren't in the suites or the box seats, you're probably going to get a better fan experience at your local high school game. The beer was warm too.

Can you please make something up about a crazed, screaming Illini lunatic (maybe your wife?) who apologized and ended up rooting for IU?

*shhhh... let's pretend we never had this post so that your response can seem really true*