Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana at Illinois Thu 1/19/23 8:30pm FS1

43 minutes ago, lillurk said:

This feels like a game where Bates, Galloway, and Gunn may have a larger-than-usual impact on the outcome because of Illinois’s personnel. Can Bates play within himself on offense and stick to the scouting report on defense? Do Galloway and Gunn offer enough offensively that you give them a little more run to mark the big, athletic Illinois wings?

I don't (can't) expect consistency from JG, but what he showed against Wisconsin, playing the role of the athletic, attacking forward, without over-thinking -- attacking the rim and glass, sealing off with good positional play, showing clearly improved perimeter D (that really needs to be acknowledged, it was clearly better) and with limited TO's -- if he brings that kind of game on the road and going forward, it's a big boost to our chances. And the combo of Malik - JG played well together while TJD rested, that's big -- if it continues.

4 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I don't (can't) expect consistency from JG, but what he showed against Wisconsin, playing the role of the athletic, attacking forward, without over-thinking -- attacking the rim and glass, sealing off with good positional play, showing clearly improved perimeter D (that really needs to be acknowledged, it was clearly better) and with limited TO's -- if he brings that kind of game on the road and going forward, it's a big boost to our chances. And the combo of Malik - JG played well together while TJD rested, that's big -- if it continues.

I agree, it was much better. He’s still out to lunch while his man takes a stroll too often — I don’t recall a junior with a top 100 pedigree and as much game experience as him seeming so lost on that end.

But it was progress, and if he plays like that he’s a net positive.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

If you get a knock on your door tonight, don't answer.

We're sending Doug Plank, Bob Probert, Charles Oakley, Keith Magnuson, and AJ Pierzinski over to have a talk with you about this post.  Also Nancy Faust (she reportedly carries a shiv at all times).

ps; their will be no former Cubs at your door. Dey all really soft.

They had a guy once...

Off-Day Kyle Schwarber Gif Discussion : r/CHICubs

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

If you get a knock on your door tonight, don't answer.

We're sending Doug Plank, Bob Probert, Charles Oakley, Keith Magnuson, and AJ Pierzinski over to have a talk with you about this post.  Also Nancy Faust (she reportedly carries a shiv at all times).

ps; their will be no former Cubs at your door. Dey all really soft.

8912DCF1-1E1A-4290-95C6-02FD992EA39D.gif

20 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

JG was "lunch pail guy" against Wiscy.  I like having a lunch pail guy.

On 1/17/2023 at 10:32 AM, Hovadipo said:

I'll have to get fired up sometime between now and the game since I'll be in that god forsaken hell hole Thursday night with my Illinois grad ball and chain. Last time I was in there Tyler Griffey happened, so this should be fun.

Don't remind me of that game.

32 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Hova could you please video some of your in-game reactions? I appreciate your guttural dislike for that fan base and program. I think we’d all like to witness it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’ll just be 2-hand gripping a beer like a basic girl holding her Starbucks in a snowstorm for 2 hours. I hate the IU/UI games every year. 

32 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

What’s the O/U that Rutgers/ MSU goes OT?

Dose FS1 have an alternate channel?

And if it doesn't go OT, they'll stare at a monitor for 10 minutes to add .1 to the clock in a 12 pt game with 3 seconds left. There is FS2, they mainly show replays of games or highlight packages of UFC or whatever.

12 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

f5824f55b4d6ba0ad45bb4b53c244455.jpg?wid

Meyers Leonard tried it. That move in the first half was cheap.

One of my favorite moments of the Zeller era was when Leonard was cheap shotting Zeller all game, and Cody finally having had enough nails him with a cheap shot on the way up the floor. Only it was sneaky and smart you could barely even catch it. Nobody would have known if Leonard want crying about it.  

Let's see a lot more of that top of the key screen and roll action with TJD & JHS tonight. Let JHS get to his spots for his jumper and throw it up for TJD. Also same intensity as the Wisky game for the D. I think we'll be in this one till the end, whichever team finishes the best wins. 

23 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

CHAMPAIGN IS A METRO AREA? Champaign is Terre Haute with a better mall and more meth. Tell me more about the largest Olive Garden I've ever seen, Nightman! Their awesome bar options are the exact same chain college bars that are in Bloomington, without the actual good bars in Bloomington. A Champaigner's idea of getting a reservation at Janko's is getting the "your table is ready" buzzer at Texas Roadhouse and smashing 3 pounds of free peanuts while they wait for "45-60 minutes".

Forgive me also for giving zero credit to their generic concrete UFO with the atmosphere of a TJ Maxx. You want some bad seats? Sit anywhere in the upper level of that place. You might as well be watching the game from outside. We'll call that a wash, at best, but ours is always full so we win. I took my Illinois-grad in-laws to a game at the only Assembly Hall a few years ago when we curb-stomped those sorry @$$ crybabies and they: enjoyed the arena more than SFC, enjoyed the meal more than anywhere they had been in Champaign, and didn't get shot at. A great time was had by all.

Should I get started on The Chief?

This post is an instant classic. I've been to UIUC a couple times to see IU play... I thought Urbana-Champaign made West Lafayette seem like a desirable place to live