Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana at Illinois Thu 1/19/23 8:30pm FS1

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Now Illinois Assistant Coach and tiny little-man-syndrome loser Chester Frazier proudly tweets out a video of a pre-game cheap shot he took at Eric Gordon, who responded by hitting a game winning shot:

I think Eric Gordon has owned him in every which way you want to look at it. Beat him in that game, made it to the NBA, still playing in the NBA, has made close to 200 million in earnings. But whatever gets him excited 

53 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Lol what a doofus. A cheap shot, followed by a fat L in a game where your fans were throwing stuff at Gordon’s parents. If that isn’t the most Illinois s**t I’ve ever seen. 

Illinois sucks. 

Wait, I never knew that Illinois and their fan base bothered you!

Learn something new every day.

;)

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If I said no would that have any effect?

Because I wanna be on your side so that rage posting doesn't spray shrapnel in my direction.

I'll have to get fired up sometime between now and the game since I'll be in that god forsaken hell hole Thursday night with my Illinois grad ball and chain. Last time I was in there Tyler Griffey happened, so this should be fun.

9 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'll have to get fired up sometime between now and the game since I'll be in that god forsaken hell hole Thursday night with my Illinois grad ball and chain. Last time I was in there Tyler Griffey happened, so this should be fun.

Maybe your wife will rage-chest bump you during the pre-game.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I mean... I'd love to win this game.. we can win this game... IMO, it's a must win. They all are. Need to get back to .500 and the schedule really isn't getting any easier. It's actually getting more difficult. Gotta make up ground now. 

On the road at Illinois is our second hardest game on the remaining schedule. And we will have Race and X back for the game at Purdue.

This is most certainly not a "must win."

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

On the road at Illinois is our second hardest game on the remaining schedule. And we will have Race and X back for the game at Purdue.

But it would be a great "resume" win....

I am not going to get my hopes up, but I feel like its winnable....they don't have a big to match with TJD well, so I am sure they will double. We will need to hit some 3s. Defensively we need to keep Mayer in check. Our guards are going to have to be ready too.

12 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

But it would be a great "resume" win....

I am not going to get my hopes up, but I feel like its winnable....they don't have a big to match with TJD well, so I am sure they will double. We will need to hit some 3s. Defensively we need to keep Mayer in check. Our guards are going to have to be ready too.

Believe it or not, Kopp is a pretty good matchup for Mayer, who never initiates offense in the paint.

Woody meeting with the media today -

Mike Woodson says neither Xavier Johnson nor Race Thompson has resumed any practice work: "Bottom line is, they're not on the basketball floor. They're in rehab. They're in the training room doing rehab." Says he thinks it'll be a while before either is.

Woodson on Malik Reneau: "Well he is playing harder. I thought the Wisconsin game was about as hard as he's played all year....we are going to need him man because he is just a talented kid"

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Now Illinois Assistant Coach and tiny little-man-syndrome loser Chester Frazier proudly tweets out a video of a pre-game cheap shot he took at Eric Gordon, who responded by hitting a 25 foot bank shot to send the game to a double OT IU win:

It was petty and immature when it happened. Reposting it 15 years later as something he's proud of is pathetic on top of petty and immature.

This game is going to come down to the first 5 or so minutes of each half. If we can come out ready to go at the beginning of the game it’ll be close at halftime and then if we come out firing in the second half we can either build a lead or start to make them feel some pressure down the stretch. If we get the Geronimo from Saturday I think that could be the difference 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Will we have them back? Doesn't seem to be any timetable for a return. Would you start them or bring them off the bench?

43 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Will we have them back? Doesn't seem to be any timetable for a return. Would you start them or bring them off the bench?

By February 25th? Very likely Race. X more likely than not.

Barring an eight game winning streak without them, they'll come off the bench for one game and then start.

Getting them back will be major good news, especially if Malik, Jordan, and CJ gain lots of development in their absence.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

By February 25th? Very likely Race. X more likely than not.

Barring an eight game winning streak without them, they'll come off the bench for one game and then start.

Getting them back will be major good news, especially if Malik, Jordan, and CJ gain lots of development in their absence.

I tend to think Race will be back by then but no idea on X, that was a significantly different injury. But then I was flat out wrong on Galloway meeting his start-the-season timetable, so I'll just say X won't be back by then, so that he will. :)