Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB v Wisconsin, Saturday 1/14, 1:00 pm EST on CBS

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

I expect with Race out you'll only see Duncomb in against slower seven foot types.  Crowl has skills, but he's never going to be accused of outathleting anyone.

Definitely not but I noticed good screens and better defensive positioning than I expecting.  

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

There was a stretch when JHS hit a number of shots to keep our margin intact. Really big as we have had too many games, in the last 6 years, when we were up 10 or so, clanked a shot and the opponents hit a three and the slide would start.

Last 5 min of first half and most of the second half he took every open midrange shot wisky gave him and knocked most of them down.   

TJD needed one guy to step up and JHS was that guy. 

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Yeah, that kind of defense we played today would have kept us in the game against anybody.  We outwisconsined wisconsin.

I don't want to rain on the happy parade celebration after the win but... defending Wiscy is slightly different than defending against Iowa, NW, or coming up against Ill. Hopefully, we baseline of e and e, i and i, and a and a throughout the Big 1.o season.

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don't want to rain on the happy parade celebration after the win but... defending Wiscy is slightly different than defending against Iowa, NW, or coming up against Ill. Hopefully, we baseline of e and e, i and i, and a and a throughout the Big 1.o season.

Northwestern?  They are 140th in offensive efficiency and can't shoot.  The Wildcats are 260th in three point field goal percentage and 343rd in two point field goal percentage.  Just because we defended Wisconsin and didn't Northwestern doesn't make Northwestern's offense any good.  

14 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Play defense, don't turn the ball over, and rebound cures a lot of ills.....all 3 are effort.

Give JG a big hug.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Sounds like in yesterday's practice that Woodson and JG got into it verbally.  Hopefully that lights a fire.  Haven't seen defense like that from him.

First thing, why not E and E from the second half every game, all game?  2nd, for you youngsters the 2nd half was a normal thing with old school IU basketball!  I thought we let them get a lot of open shots and they weren't hitting, but it is a win.  Now string a couple together!  Win at Illinois and I will start to believe again.

22 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Last 5 min of first half and most of the second half he took every open midrange shot wisky gave him and knocked most of them down.   

which was exactly what that Bad dirty SOB davison and that davis kid did to us for 4 freakin years.

25 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Yep, but I’d also say that with some of those shots JHS got to his spot and shot off the dribble, rather than Wiscy giving him the shot.
It’s a skill/necessity that has really been lacking at IU for 6+ years.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Agree, they were pretty consistent at calling fouls on our players when Crowl stuck his hip out on screens. 

TJD did it at least 3 times and never got called.