Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB v Wisconsin, Saturday 1/14, 1:00 pm EST on CBS

41 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

Holy crap, just looked at the early line for tomorrow and IU is 4.5 pt favorite!?! 

somebody in vegas is hitting the sauce pretty heavy. Any degenerate gamblers out there might want to jump on that cause i dont see it staying that way for long.

39EAD075-5F8A-4199-8649-3F600A095A70.jpeg

Just now, Whoozhers said:

At this point…… Can anyone disagree with Mrs. Duncomb?

image.thumb.jpeg.9e6358ba7473a5f3f4794f9e8e96bfee.jpeg

As a parent of a D1 player, going after the coach is not a good look.  Going after other PLAYERS on the team and calling them 'the chosen few' (which, BTW, including X and Race, there are eleven guys ahead of precious Logan)" is way out of bounds.

Me

Which part? The mistakes these guys have made he could have been atleast given a chance for a teaching moment. If he don't throw the ball into the fifth row or directly to the opponent were already better off. Or do you disagree that Woodson isn't a great college coach? Or the part that she hopes he isn't back next year? Hopefully this post don't come off bad I am genuinely asking. Not trying to be a jerk

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

As a parent of a D1 player, going after the coach is not a good look.  Going after other PLAYERS on the team and calling them 'the chosen few' (which, BTW, including X and Race, there are eleven guys ahead of precious Logan)" is way out of bounds.

Pretty sure that’s his grandma 

46 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Which part? The mistakes these guys have made he could have been atleast given a chance for a teaching moment. If he don't throw the ball into the fifth row or directly to the opponent were already better off. Or do you disagree that Woodson isn't a great college coach? Or the part that she hopes he isn't back next year? Hopefully this post don't come off bad I am genuinely asking. Not trying to be a jerk

The part about Logan Duncomb’s grandmother keeping her social media mouth shut.

That part.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That part.

Yeah, keep it all behind closed doors but she ain’t wrong. The program is an utter mess. 

TJD posting hatemail.  Players responding to a goofy account that nobody takes seriously.  The play on the court being some of the worst I’ve seen ever at Indiana.  

Every decision made within the program on and off the court RN is bad. 

Family of the bench mob on a underperforming, losing team is almost always going to be justifiably upset.  

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, keep it all behind closed doors but she ain’t wrong. The program is an utter mess. 

TJD posting hatemail.  Players responding to a goofy account that nobody takes seriously.  The play on the court being some of the worst I’ve seen ever at Indiana.  

Every decision made within the program on and off the court RN is bad. 

Family of the bench mob on a underperforming, losing team is almost always going to be justifiably upset.  

Currently? Sure; it’s an absolute mess 16 games in. So give the staff a chance to fix it.

If they don’t, there will be consequences for the staff.

4 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

Holy crap, just looked at the early line for tomorrow and IU is 4.5 pt favorite!?! 

somebody in vegas is hitting the sauce pretty heavy. Any degenerate gamblers out there might want to jump on that cause i dont see it staying that way for long.

Got in at Wisky +4. Still free money. 

That part.
Ok thanks for the reply. I think it's not a good idea but I think it gives us insight into what Logan is thinking and saying to family. Unless she just posted on her own feelings possible. If he is indeed disappointed and wants out then I don't see much harm for them. If one player is upset their is certainly more and they are playing like something is wrong imo

What does wisconsin do well this year I haven't watched them much aside from their last game losing to msu. I took that they were engaged and playing hard but came up short. They will be ready and if we're not playing determined we will be in trouble. Do they shoot the 3 good? Defend? Still play slow like last 30 years?

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Ok thanks for the reply. I think it's not a good idea but I think it gives us insight into what Logan is thinking and saying to family. Unless she just posted on her own feelings possible. If he is indeed disappointed and wants out then I don't see much harm for them. If one player is upset their is certainly more and they are playing like something is wrong imo

Know the best way to decrease the number of schools interested looking your way in the offseason?  Be the last player on the bench at the last place you were at and have your family posting stuff like that on social meida.  

Whatever satisfaction a player/family member gets from is incredibly temporary.  Being labeled as not talented enough to be worth the headache isn't.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Know the best way to decrease the number of schools interested looking your way in the offseason?  Be the last player on the bench at the last place you were at and have your family posting stuff like that on social meida.  

Whatever satisfaction a player/family member gets from is incredibly temporary.  Being labeled as not talented enough to be worth the headache isn't.

It’s his grandma. It literally doesn’t matter. At all.  

It only serves as message board chatter for people who like to go way too deep down the social media rabbit hole. 

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

What does wisconsin do well this year I haven't watched them much aside from their last game losing to msu. I took that they were engaged and playing hard but came up short. They will be ready and if we're not playing determined we will be in trouble. Do they shoot the 3 good? Defend? Still play slow like last 30 years?

Good questions.  They hit the three pretty well and a good deal of their points come from there.  IU is going to have to defend the perimeter a hell of a lot better than they have.  They still play very slow (336th in tempo).  Defensively good.  Offensively, even with shooting threes decently, they are not as efficient offensively as they have been in the past.  Don't turn the ball over much.

What they don't do well:  unike Wisconsin teams of the past, they don't get to the line much as their interior game is subpar.   Despite the deliberate play and not turning the ball over much, their offense hasn't been particularly efficient (94th overall). If Wahl doesn't play, it gets worse.  They are 337th in number of free throws per game -- 14.4 per game.  And they haven't hit their free throws -- both Wisconsin and IU have hit 68.5% from the line for the year.