Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Two questions

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Wrong age group.   Call of Duty.    They are not engaged with the team which probably have players playing in the games you want them to be engaged about not even  being there when they step on campus they are fully engaged with the Coach that has told them during recruiting I’m going to be your father figure and help you grow as a man.   Big difference between the 2 in my opinion 

At another level, though, at a P5 level they want to believe that you can turn them into someone who can make them money playing basketball beyond college.  Tom Crean's ability to sell kids on him coaching Dwayne Wade was huge.  Woody has names he can drop that he coached in the NBA, but the negative recruiting can come from coaches pointing out to players he coached in college that didn't make the NBA.  At this point the one guy he had that he had a chance to turn into an NBA player was TJD.  There's more than TJD's career riding on him making the NBA -- it also will be a positive or negative recruiting tool.  Right now he has three five star freshman or sophomores in JHS, Reneau, and Bates.  If Woodson is around in a couple of years, a lot will be riding on those guys being pro players or being mocked high.  JHS in my opinion is ging to be that guy, the other two I'm not convinced of.

14 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Wrong age group.   Call of Duty.    They are not engaged with the team which probably have players playing in the games you want them to be engaged about not even  being there when they step on campus they are fully engaged with the Coach that has told them during recruiting I’m going to be your father figure and help you grow as a man.   Big difference between the 2 in my opinion 

I agree they are not as engaged as die hard fans but I don’t agree that they aren’t engaged at all.  I also think it’s too all encompassing to lump them all in the same group — they all have different levels of engagement.  

15 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

If you truly believe kids have that little engagement, then I don't see any issue moving on from coaches quickly.

FWIW, I teach high school and can tell you I haven't heard a kid mention Fortnite in a couple of years.

My 16-year-old said Fortnite is for junior high kids. He is only Call of Duty. 

1. He will be here next year unless he decides he doesn't want to be.

2. Scott better be looking over his shoulder if someone is coming for his job. 

My 16-year-old said Fortnite is for junior high kids. He is only Call of Duty. 
1. He will be here next year unless he decides he doesn't want to be.
2. Scott better be looking over his shoulder if someone is coming for his job. 
Let's go full cannibal and bring Chris Reynolds to take over for Dolson and Mike Lewis to take over for Woodson. Everybody says we eat our own anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Let's go full cannibal and bring Chris Reynolds to take over for Dolson and Mike Lewis to take over for Woodson. Everybody says we eat our own anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Well Chris Reynolds interviewed on firing Archie and bringing in a big name. No wonder he didn't get the job. 

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well Chris Reynolds interviewed on firing Archie and bringing in a big name. No wonder he didn't get the job. 

In Dolson's interview he probably told them he would bring in the cheapest option who he thought he could sell to the fan base.

22 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not really.   Most recruits think they are the answer to the problem and are too busy playing Fortnite.     Recruits are not as glued to college basketball as the fans that follow the teams are.    Many stories in the recruiting world where they don’t really follow the schools that are recruiting them.   Most those guys will be gone when they get there anyway 

And most recruits, unlike a bunch of fans, see what IU was playing like bf both X and Race went down. And they see the NBA pedigree and connections Woodson brings, and how the players are all for him. 

8 hours ago, brandct said:

In Dolson's interview he probably told them he would bring in the cheapest option who he thought he could sell to the fan base.

If rumors on here were true then what you say isn't true because it was said that Dolson offered Stevens 10 million 

On 1/12/2023 at 7:11 PM, keato2299 said:

Good grief this is insane. We’ve lost 6 games, the conference is still in play, we’ve beaten the #12 team in the country on the road. You weren’t calling for his head last year when we went on that skid no reason to call for it now. 

Do you realize who we lost to?