Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Maryland - Thursday, 1/12/23 @ 6:30 on BTN

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I mean, the one ref had to check with the other two to see if Berger could run the baseline after a made basket. It's college basketball for crying out loud. 

There was a 12 minute review before hand. A lot of people forget what they did 12 minutes ago.

1 hour ago, johnsoniu said:

Grace with the half court ricochet pass lol

Off the backboard to Holmes for a layup. I found myself wondering if she meant to do that, and she might have. Also liked how she and Holmes were laughing about it when they ran back on defense. Just a totally different vibe with this team compared to the men. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Such a beautiful way to reclaim university pride for Hoosier fans.

Exactly the team that Hoosier Nation needs.

That was 40 minutes of hard fought basketball!

The refs did not cut IU Ladies any slack and we’re protective of Maryland as they let Maryland try to rough up IU Ladies with borderline dirty play.  Refs did not do a very good job of checking a couple Maryland players emotions and fouls should have been called.

IU Ladies and Maryland got away with a couple of walks.

IU Ladies held Maryland way below scoring average which was coaches plan.

Despite scoring trouble of their own and ft’s misses…my eye test showed IU Ladies team better than 7 points victory.  More like 12 to 14 point victory.

IU Ladies are very versatile in ways they win (winning in a variety of ways) even within the same game.

It would be good for IU Ladies if Sara Scalia could get a couple shots to go down as her overall floor game is solid.

1 hour ago, Redcamaro said:

But they were loud!

Was about to say that. Loudest I have heard it outside Princeton game in NCAA Tourney last yr. 

While 5,789 isn't as big as some crowds lately, the fact people are 'disappointed' by that number shows how far program has come. Not to long ago 2,000 or so was average and anything over 3 or 4k was considered 'huge'. Even the smallest crowds now are bigger than the former 'huge' crowds from fairly recently.