Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Penn State - Wednesday, 1/11/23 @ 7:00 on BTN

5 hours ago, reconmkd said:

Gunn may not be there defensively yet, but he seemed to be putting more effort into it than the majority of the rest of the team.

Perhaps. But Gunn's defense is as bad or worse than the player he substituted for (Galloway).

49 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Yes, it's because we're missing XJ and Race...............

Well.....it'd be difficult for him to get lost on the floor if he's stuck on the bench.  Granted when Thompson was healthy he still got around 12 minutes per game, so plenty of time to wander around no man's land and give up 3s.

2 hours ago, str8baller said:

Is Leal still hurt? Why hasn’t he played? He’s not a frosh and plays defense. 

I think he was the one defending, very aggressively, the guy trying to dribble the clock out at the end of the game.

I finally got around to looking at the box score and....yikes.

They let 2 (!) players hit 7 3-pointers against them. 2. In the same game.

PSU shot better from distance than IU shot from the FT line (both in volume and percentage).

PSU made more 3-pointers (18) than IU even attempted (14). Considering IU only hit 4 of those shots, it's probably good that they didn't shoot it more.

Defense still not only is allowing opponents to shoot a high percentage, it's also not generating turnovers. Only 1 steal, 7 total PSU turnovers.

IU's total turnovers were slightly improved at 11, but they still gave up 6 steals.

We get thrashed and Duncomb still sees no PT. No way he's back next year and at this point the parting will likely be mutual.

I finally got around to looking at the box score and....yikes.
They let 2 (!) players hit 7 3-pointers against them. 2. In the same game.
PSU shot better from distance than IU shot from the FT line (both in volume and percentage).
PSU made more 3-pointers (18) than IU even attempted (14). Considering IU only hit 4 of those shots, it's probably good that they didn't shoot it more.
Defense still not only is allowing opponents to shoot a high percentage, it's also not generating turnovers. Only 1 steal, 7 total PSU turnovers.
IU's total turnovers were slightly improved at 11, but they still gave up 6 steals.
We get thrashed and Duncomb still sees no PT. No way he's back next year and at this point the parting will likely be mutual.
I think if we had a good coach Logan would be seeing meaningful minutes. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

I think if we had a good coach Logan would be seeing meaningful minutes. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

He can't be that bad, can he?  Seems like a typical middle of the road Big10 big.  

23 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Those photos back up what I told one of my buddies that missed the game. 
”it’s not like some guy went off and hit a ton of tough and/or crazy shots. They literally looked like they were playing a game of H.O.R.S.E from the perimeter.”

I told everyone several days/posts ago that it was bad, like 10U bad.  :) 

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

Those photos back up what I told one of my buddies that missed the game. 
”it’s not like some guy went off and hit a ton of tough and/or crazy shots. They literally looked like they were playing a game of H.O.R.S.E from the perimeter.”

I didn't watch the game but what I saw PSU was playing "around the world" while IU was playing "spin the Geronimo" to see who would leave their man WIDE OPEN.