Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Penn State - Wednesday, 1/11/23 @ 7:00 on BTN

43 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Some of the worst coaching I’ve seen in the past decade and that’s saying something. It’s rather amazing since Woodson came from the NBA.

Honestly can’t say worst coaching performance but can honestly say the “norm” seems like Iu is good for 10/12 of these a year since 2016. 

15 minutes ago, Trish said:

Assistants are there to recruit and work out with the players. They’ll come up with a Scout, not sure how much Woodson relies on them fully on that however. 

I think I was mistaken, it looked like Woodson was arms crossed in a mood not acknowledging two assistants at once for a moment but then asked Walsh to repeat himself not too much long after

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Way more natural talent this year though, which might make it worse. 

Comparing which IU team within the last decade was the worst to watch is big sad. 

Honestly I can say in the last 10 years I have only enjoyed maybe 2-3. Big sad indeed. 

8 minutes ago, colonel06 said:

I’m starting to think Woody is not the answer here.

went to a girls high school game and when I came out turned radio on it was in disbelief at that score!

It just looks all too familiar and it's hard to see it turning out differently than the CAM era.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Doubt they would leave the Sec to come to the Midwest.    Arkansas has Walmart money so no chance of out bidding them

Aside from $, what does IU have to offer other places don’t? Not trying to be a punk, seriously what does IU Bloomington offer in 2023? 

Are we all on the same page now?

Having XJ and Race out hurts this team but the attitude, e and e, leadership, basketball IQ, etc. remains the same. The reason this team lashed out on social media? They want to be liked and that comes straight from our best player and "leader." The same mistakes we were making against the cupcakes were always going to be magnified in the Big 1.o with or without XJ and Race.

Where is the player development? Where is the basketball IQ (it's ******* IU!!!)? Where is the give a damn? Where is the leadership? Where is the coaching? Where is the pride from anyone associated with this program?

Is your team struggling? Come play the Hoosiers to get right.

How many points does Kopp give up to the dude with a lazy eye he was calling out on social media? (this was a major issue in the noncon too, nothing changed)

21 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Aside from $, what does IU have to offer other places don’t? Not trying to be a punk, seriously what does IU Bloomington offer in 2023? 

A really good football program………ouch

A great Athletic Director…….ouch

We’re really good at Soccer though and we also have Nashville, Indiana.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Are we all on the same page now?

Having XJ and Race out hurts this team but the attitude, e and e, leadership, basketball IQ, etc. remains the same. The reason this team lashed out on social media? They want to be liked and that comes straight from our best player and "leader." The same mistakes we were making against the cupcakes were always going to be magnified in the Big 1.o with or without XJ and Race.

Where is the player development? Where is the basketball IQ (it's ******* IU!!!)? Where is the give a damn? Where is the leadership? Where is the coaching? Where is the pride from anyone associated with this program?

Is your team struggling? Come play the Hoosiers to get right.

How many points does Kopp give up to the dude with a lazy eye he was calling out on social media? (this was a major issue in the noncon too, nothing changed)

just watched woody's press conference.  He actually said they players did things they never talked about doing.  Me thinks they are just not basketball players -- they don't understand the game.   Right now, you better find 5 kids that know what the hell they are doing.  

As far as coaches out there.  Give me a Top 5, Here’s mine in no particular order:

Mick Cronin, UCLA (age 51)

Chris Beard, Free Agent (after he gets counseling)

Thad Matta, Butler (still only 55)

Bruce Pearl, Auburn (yes he’s polarizing but wins)

Sean Miller (Archie back as an assistant…lol)

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

just watched woody's press conference.  He actually said they players did things they never talked about doing.  Me thinks they are just not basketball players -- they don't understand the game.   Right now, you better find 5 kids that know what the hell they are doing.  

You're telling me that an AA, two frosh that played for one of the elite prep schools winning two national championships, and a coaches son don't understand the game?

There are some on this team that I would buy not understanding the game. I don't think we have a team full of players who are just not basketball players or don't understand the game.

Jerome Hunter struggled here. He's been contributing to a winning effort lately when Sean Miller told him he was done shooting threes. When do we get a coach that sets roles and players execute those roles in a winning cause? When do we get players that are put in position to succeed by the coach?

I just can’t comprehend how we have virtually the same team from last season that was at the top of the league defensively and this is what we have this year! WTF? Kopp is a complete headcase, won’t defend, won’t shoot, but likes to get snippy on the ol social media. 

I know the results won’t likely change but at this point start JHS, Gunn, Gallow, MR, and TJD and bring LD, Bates, Banks, and Tonight’s version of JG off the bench until X and Race potentially come back. After seeing some clips of Kopp from the game tonight not even noticing the guy he was guarding took off, to the multitude of times he helped when no help was needed, and 3 shot attempts I don’t even want to see him dressed for a game anymore. 

Idk.. d@mn I’m mad, thought I was mad after going to the NW crap show, honestly just unbelievable. 

also why were the postgame interviews video calls? 

You're telling me that an AA, two frosh that played for one of the elite prep schools winning two national championships, and a coaches son don't understand the game?

There are some on this team that I would buy not understanding the game. I don't think we have a team full of players who are just not basketball players or don't understand the game.

Jerome Hunter struggled here. He's been contributing to a winning effort lately when Sean Miller told him he was done shooting threes. When do we get a coach that sets roles and players execute those roles in a winning cause? When do we get players that are put in position to succeed by the coach?

Yeah that just sounds like throwing the players under the bus to deflect. Bold strategy when you've likely already lost your locker room. Let's see if it pays off.

Edit: Sorry I quoted the wrong person

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk