Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Penn State - Wednesday, 1/11/23 @ 7:00 on BTN

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Last five years:

7-6 at UCLA before he was fired.

Nevada:
19-12

15-9

13-18

14-4

I wouldn't call that consistent and certainly not what we want.  There are better options in his own conference for the Indiana job and I don''t want them either.  Michael Lewis is the only potential candidate with IU ties and I hope there are other options looked at.

Yeah it was meant to be more tongue-in-cheek.  I just knew based on past threads it would trigger people.  Lol

Weren’t they down like 10 with a minute left and came back to tie it?
I know we're talking Penn st but I remember a northwestern game at iu when crean was there and we gave up a decent lead in the last minute and I think lost?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I said all along that if we wanted an IU guy we should have gone with Fife. We know fife and Woodson clashed. We know Woodson isn’t cut out for the job. There’s a decent chance fife was trying to help him 

Interesting you've mentioned Dane a few times. I taught with his mother in law and we still keep in touch. She said he's still out on the road going to different colleges trying to keep options open..then the kicker, "it's sad, but IU listened to Woodson"...

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Was that when IU couldn't get the ball in bounds?

Yep. I still remember Hollowell looking shocked when the ref blew the whistle for a 5 second count, like he either had no idea it had been 5 seconds or didn't know it was a rule. I also remember someone else throwing a lazy, floating pass toward half-court that got stolen and led to the go-ahead bucket. 

Yep. I still remember Hollowell looking shocked when the ref blew the whistle for a 5 second count, like he either had no idea it had been 5 seconds or didn't know it was a rule. I also remember someone else throwing a lazy, floating pass toward half-court that got stolen and led to the go-ahead bucket. 
Ok I thought that was northwestern but maybe Penn st cause those are the scenarios I am recalling

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk