Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Penn State - Wednesday, 1/11/23 @ 7:00 on BTN

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I make fun of you for many reasons.

• You only post when we're losing
  • Your posts all say the same thing
  • You think Archie was a great coach

But you were right about Woody

Thank you my friend. 

Now you, I, and others will sit through another two years of terrible basketball until Woodson is out. Exactly what I didn’t want to happen. 

I do feel sorry for TJD.  He's had some monster games but at this point he's playing hurt, playing more minutes than he probably is capable of, and isn't get much help.  For his future, he might want to shut it down for the year given his back.  Would love to think we could recover but I don't see it.

When the smoke clears, I can't see Woodson being around next year.  Hope that JHS and Reneau stay, but who knows.  Really hope that Galloway finishes his career at Indiana and IU's success matches the effort he puts out individually.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Woody isn’t a liar. He’s repeatedly said Duncomb doesn’t work hard enough.

Hell even Duncomb was on one of Kopp’s TiKToks saying the worst part of basketball is practicing.

Blah blah blah.  These guys may work hard and practice great, but they can’t play.  Never confuse effort with accomplishment.  

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I do feel sorry for TJD.  He's had some monster games but at this point he's playing hurt, playing more minutes than he probably is capable of, and isn't get much help.  For his future, he might want to shut it down for the year given his back.  Would love to think we could recover but I don't see it.

When the smoke clears, I can't see Woodson being around next year.  Hope that JHS and Reneau stay, but who knows.  Really hope that Galloway finishes his career at Indiana and IU's success matches the effort he puts out individually.

So you think Woodson steps away or we fire him? I dont see either one of these happening. 

Just now, Golfman25 said:

Blah blah blah.  These guys may work hard and practice great, but they can’t play.  Never confuse effort with accomplishment.  

My point is—just like Banks, Duncomb isn’t the answer to horrible defensive rotations, offensive spacing and movement, and body language.

Amazing to watch a Pitt team that was leading Duke in the first half play tough and stick around late into the second half. Haven't stopped playing hard yet down 9 with 3:30 to go. Would be great to have a team that just plays with some pride at this point.

1 minute ago, BtownStrength said:

So you think Woodson steps away or we fire him? I dont see either one of these happening. 

I think the first is more likely than the second but don't see either happening in season.  After the season, if the team looks like it has the past three games, I think one or the other will happen.