Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
schoosier

Back to the future 2023

Fellow friends and alumni, it has been 35 years since I have been back to visit IU for a game or in any fashion. Most of my family followed me to SC and life goes by fast with children and disappointing seasons. Again with high expectations of Woodys soph effort, I decided to finally come back and picked Wisky as the Big10 team I hated the most and wanted to visit victory lol . I have great seats and will be coming in early to show my wife my old haunts and campus. I am hoping for advice from my fellow posters whom I respect.

1. Visiting Cook Hall day before game or game day? Best time to maybe catch a player or two?

2. Parking hints day of game? Uber/Lyft options?
3. Suggestion on upscale bars, steakhouses or very nice restaurants to consider day before game?

4. Probably visit Nicks, etc after game so any other suggestions?

Please suggest if I’m leaving anything else out? Thanks for the replies fellow Hoosiers!

2- Go to lot 11- park there. the walk is fine. 

3- Little Zagrebs (get a reservation) 

4- I like the upstairs--- idk what will be overly filled with college kids though. I have had some good times recently there, plus lots of TVs for games. It's right across from Nicks. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Can't go wrong with Lennie's although ownership changed recently(ish)

I don't know if Btown has upscale bars? Nicks, Upstairs, the Vid (townie bar), Bluebird, KoK,

Yeah I don't think there are too many upscale bars. Probably just go to a brewery if someone isn't interested in any of the ones you named. Big fan of the Vid too. 

5 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Thanks everyone for replies.

I second the Lennie's suggestion and they take reservations.  I also really enjoy the Uptown Cafe.

As far as Cook Hall goes, there is an invitation only pregame event being held there from 11:15 to game time so pick another time to try that.

I used to work at J. Arthur's downtown. Had a nice bar/grill on one side and a restaurant on the other side. 

Had pretty good food. 

However, it closed years back and is now called the Malibu Grill. I cannot vouch for it, though, because I have not been in Bloomington for 30-plus years. 

4 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Can't go wrong with Lennie's although ownership changed recently(ish)

I don't know if Btown has upscale bars? Nicks, Upstairs, the Vid (townie bar), Bluebird, KoK,

The Bluebird stood the test. I saw Mellancamp there and remember $.10 pitchers and little less lol