Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I'm not usually one for this phrase - but - there is truly no excuse for this.

Embarrassing. Abysmal. Zero pride on the court. Woodson has lost this locker room clearly. 

We've done this cycle enough - the decision makers at IU need to get on board with a new way of operating. No more allowing the flagship program at the University (and biggest moneymaker/brand asset) to wallow in mediocrity. 

Name an assistant interim coach. Maybe explore agreeing with Woodson to call it a medical retirement. 

But you can't put this product out on the court again next year and expect to be taken seriously by any recruits/donors/fans. 

Why the total lack of urgency in a time where coaches get fired mid-season/after 1 year routinely? Why don't they want more than this?

9 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Does Woodson love IU basketball? Sometimes you have to walk away for your true love to be happy. Walk away Mike.....walk.....away.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Genuinely wondering - would it be far fetched for Woodson to suddenly step away from the team based on personal reasons - perhaps medical retirement "doctor's orders"?

Allows him AND IU to save face. Amicably agree this isn't going to work out - let's stop wasting each other's time. 

Woodson gets paid. We get to move on. Nobody gripes about the optics. 

Can you sense the desperation?

Genuinely wondering - would it be far fetched for Woodson to suddenly step away from the team based on personal reasons - perhaps medical retirement "doctor's orders"?
Allows him AND IU to save face. Amicably agree this isn't going to work out - let's stop wasting each other's time. 

Zero chance.

And here I was worried about the projected 2023-24 roster and how rough it would be. Never thought this roster was going to be a train wreck.

Penn State Is a very well coached team. Quite a few B1G coaches, really. Play above their talent level.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Zero chance.

And here I was worried about the projected 2023-24 roster and how rough it would be. Never thought this roster was going to be a train wreck.

Penn State Is a very well coached team. Quite a few B1G coaches, really. Play above their talent level.

Pikiell would be a great hire IMO if he could be convinced...

I’m not sure how or when this ends, but I do hope it ends gracefully for Woody. He doesn’t deserve an ugly ending like Crean got. 
Afraid it's about to get ugly for him. Maybe he sees the writing on the wall? That's about the only hope at this point.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Nobody on that bench worthy of their spot except maybe Kenya as an assistant.

Why would he possibly be an exception? He was also an assistant under Miller so that would be too coaches in a row you couldn't really help.

2 hours ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Wishful thinking.