Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Well said. I think our players have a priorities issue. I think Woody is absolutely right. So why aren’t the players listening to Woody. 

Symptom or problem?

If I was Mike Woodson and I saw that response from my players I would be livid. Haven't there been coaches who have "banned" social media? I respect athletes who stay off of it during the season. I know it's hard but it can be such a distraction. 

46 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Something is amiss. The Illinois board is convinced that things are barreling downhill and they won't be winning many games, the Penn State fans are convinced that they are about to deviate back to their norm, and the Michigan State fans don't think their roster is talented enough to win on the road.

How can all these gloomsters be right?

Illinois just beat a ranked Wisconsin at home. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

If I was Mike Woodson and I saw that response from my players I would be livid. Haven't there been coaches who have "banned" social media? I respect athletes who stay off of it during the season. I know it's hard but it can be such a distraction. 

Banning social media in the NIL era (and any era really, but that's just my opinion) is a non-starter. You'd never land a recruit again.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Banning social media in the NIL era (and any era really, but that's just my opinion) is a non-starter. You'd never land a recruit again.

Really the only thing you can do is try and teach them what not to do on social media. And then just hope they listen and understand. 

I'm not sure of what to think about these guys at all. I believe they are very good young men in life but not sure about winners on the court. Was at the NW game and during warm up it was joking around, shooting shots from half court and such. They just blew a 20 pt lead to a mediocre Iowa team and was embarrassed by one of their players in an interview afterwards. Kicked at home by a NW team that isn't outstanding at all. How about we put our nose down get pissed off and shut up. Get some grit and let our play speak instead. That is what winners do, they win and absolutely hate to lose. Maybe I'm old and just don't understand anymore. 

1 hour ago, tkbbn said:

I'm not sure of what to think about these guys at all. I believe they are very good young men in life but not sure about winners on the court. Was at the NW game and during warm up it was joking around, shooting shots from half court and such. They just blew a 20 pt lead to a mediocre Iowa team and was embarrassed by one of their players in an interview afterwards. Kicked at home by a NW team that isn't outstanding at all. How about we put our nose down get pissed off and shut up. Get some grit and let our play speak instead. That is what winners do, they win and absolutely hate to lose. Maybe I'm old and just don't understand anymore. 

You're not the first and won't be the last that has mentioned fooling around, lack of focus, dancing during warm-ups etc...Probably a product of why we lack focus and commit dumb turnovers during the game.,..and are getting our ***** kicked by the first media timeout. Where are Woodson and the assistants during this?

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Really the only thing you can do is try and teach them what not to do on social media. And then just hope they listen and understand. 

Most programs do that tbh, it just boils down to your 2nd sentence. I also don't think these IG comments are *that* much of a thing. Kinda embarrassing, but I'm not sure it's a big deal.

7 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Brian Evans and the Hoosier Hysterics guys rant about the IU program:

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Hoosier-Hysterics-Podcast-Earl-Calloway-Brian-Evans-202575511/

I've tried listening to Evans a few times but I'm just not a fan. I'll just leave it at that. 

17 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Brian Evans and the Hoosier Hysterics guys rant about the IU program:

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Hoosier-Hysterics-Podcast-Earl-Calloway-Brian-Evans-202575511/

Got to listen to some... Best episode I've heard. They were being fake and blowing sunshine up their own a$$es. They seemed upset at the state of the team and Evans seemed absolutely pi$$ed. 

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I've tried listening to Evans a few times but I'm just not a fan. I'll just leave it at that. 

He’s a bit too “old man yelling at clouds.” He’s not wrong, but he’s also not trying very hard to adjust to changes in society and the environment of the game.

26 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

You're not the first and won't be the last that has mentioned fooling around, lack of focus, dancing during warm-ups etc...Probably a product of why we lack focus and commit dumb turnovers during the game.,..and are getting are ***** kicked by the first media timeout. Where are Woodson and the assistants during this?

I'm not sure what changed between the start of the season and now. I was at Morehead State and UNC. They looked focus. Tonsoni from Assembly Call was at both games as a media member. He even said at the time how focused they were. 

The post they responded to was very mild and something you see posted all the time. The fact it set off our players shows their thin skin. Responding on social media isn’t going to stop the posts. Responding on the court will. But the former is a lot easier to do than the latter, and unfortunately it’s been this team’s primary response.

0FC401E2-2D6A-47E4-8DBD-12BEB57207CC.thumb.jpeg.adca9543f89e9b29859b52c502d31a0c.jpeg

Oh my gosh. Tell me no more about what is wrong with this team. We look like clowns! Get off the internet and practice! The only way to shut these idiots up is to win games and be successful. I think our players ego are so huge they can't handle online trolls. At this point I will now entertain the idea the fans are responsible for our failures but only because out guys can't block this crap out and focus on what is important! Also where is coach at to shut this stuff down?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Here’s my RANT;

Extraordinary overreaction when things don’t go as planned.

It’s not a perfect world. Even with success, there will be backslides of failures and bad decisions. So today’s thing is a teeth grinder, but it doesn’t mean all is lost or that we’re likely to be 1-7 in conference. Is it possible? Sure. But it’s also entirely possible that attitudes, player roles, and performance improves.

All of this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Woodson era will be a success, but it doesn’t discount that it might be.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Here’s my RANT;

Extraordinary overreaction when things don’t go as planned.

It’s not a perfect world. Even with success, there will be backslides of failures and bad decisions.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that the Woodson era will be a success, but it doesn’t discount that it might be.

Well we are now in year 6 of Archie ball... And still isn't working. 

31 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The post they responded to was very mild and something you see posted all the time. The fact it set off our players shows their thin skin. Responding on social media isn’t going to stop the posts. Responding on the court will. But the former is a lot easier to do than the latter, and unfortunately it’s been this team’s primary response.

0FC401E2-2D6A-47E4-8DBD-12BEB57207CC.thumb.jpeg.adca9543f89e9b29859b52c502d31a0c.jpeg

Know X has a lot of time on his hands not playing but woof. This loop of emotions goes way farther than him anyway

Here a rant: Instead of all this crap about need to get an IU guy, team full of Indiana HS recruits and get old and stay old we try something different. Hire the best coach available then get good and stay good. That would be a welcome change I think for everybody