Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure they did but it doesn't make it right. People need to get a life and realize that an outcome of a game isn't really important. Probably worse today because of social media but probably gambling as well.

I hope the coaches are teaching these young men it's not just about the sport or winning and losing. Adversity is an excellent time to build character.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

probably gambling as well

I hadn't really thought about that as a contributing factor, but it may be. This sport has turned into something that I barely recognize.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

I hope the coaches are teaching these young men it's not just about the sport or winning and losing. Adversity is an excellent time to build character.

So why don't fans take that same approach. It seems all we care about is winning and losing 

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

I hadn't really thought about that as a contributing factor, but it may be. This sport has turned into something that I barely recognize.

It is all sports it is either what are the odds on game or it is about your fantasy team.. it is no longer about the actual sport any longer

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well they are students which take time, they practice the sport they play. In the off season they are on campus most of the summer working out and going to class. We fans go to work and at night sit on our butts watching other doing something 

I'm sure some fans do a lot more than just sit on their butts watching the players put in work. I know Josh and Nips are getting a great workout dodging hurricanes down there in Florida. Too soon, fellas?

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

Yes I am not sure what they expect. I am shocked they act like this isn't the normal? I just assumed every fan base had someone sending hate mail and posting negative things on social media. Magnified times 100 when your at a blueblood losing all the time. I will say leaving that game yesterday I was very impressed that not one fan was saying anything negative. Everyone just kind of walked out like everything was fine lol. That wasn't the case when davis and crean was here from my experience lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

So we get wasted by Northwestern at home (late comeback attempt notwithstanding), and the fans "just ... walked out like everything was fine" tells me that Indiana has, in fact, lost it's fan base... the emperor is stark naked an we just accept it? Not this fan... I may be powerless to "fix" it, but I darn sure am not willing to accept mediocrity.

To clarify, is is NOT OK to lash out at the student athletes... but it's also NOT OK to accept mediocrity. And while they are, in fact, amateur student athletes, some of these "kids" are being well-compensated due the NIL garbage.

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

So we get wasted by Northwestern at home (late comeback attempt notwithstanding), and the fans "just ... walked out like everything was fine" tells me that Indiana has, in fact, lost it's fan base... the emperor is stark naked an we just accept it? Not this fan... I may be powerless to "fix" it, but I darn sure am not willing to accept mediocrity.

What are they going to do?  Storm Cook Hall?  Gotta support your team, no matter the circumstances.  I hate losing to NW.  It used to be an exhibition game.  Dropped my share of F bombs the past few weeks.  But guess where I am going to be on Wed. night -- on my couch screaming for the best.  And don't lie, most of you will be too.    :) 

I am saying that when I walked out I was surprised nobody said anything negative. That being said and after thinking about it that was my first game we have lost at assembly hall since the early crean tenure. The bad experiences were at freedom hall vs kentucky with davis as coach. Fortwayne after ipfw with crean. That was bad lol. I believe another instance at bankers life with crean as coach but can recall the game right now.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So why don't fans take that same approach. It seems all we care about is winning and losing 

I guess the dude that was all mad at TJD should have just sat him down to explain why he was mad or teach him how he could avoid those situations? That makes little sense.

Hopefully, a coach sat TJD down long before that letter was ever opened and had that discussion.

I've always been ultra competitive but I understand what I discuss with friends or type on a message board has little to do with this team winning or losing. I do care about this team winning or losing but there are plenty of other factors that go into it. Playing the game the right way, preparing the right way, setting yourself up for success, and so many other factors decide whether you're going to win or lose. The crazy thing is if you learn those habits through a sport you enjoy playing while getting you school paid for, getting an education, AND getting paid you're setup for life.

What are they going to do?  Storm Cook Hall?  Gotta support your team, no matter the circumstances.  I hate losing to NW.  It used to be an exhibition game.  Dropped my share of F bombs the past few weeks.  But guess where I am going to be on Wed. night -- on my couch screaming for the best.  And don't lie, most of you will be too.    :) 
Oh he'll yes I will be. The last two games I felt were must wins to stay alive this season. These 2 this week are even more desperately needed now. We lose both and I am scared

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I am saying that when I walked out I was surprised nobody said anything negative. That being said and after thinking about it that was my first game we have lost at assembly hall since the early crean tenure. The bad experiences were at freedom hall vs kentucky with davis as coach. Fortwayne after ipfw with crean. That was bad lol. I believe another instance at bankers life with crean as coach but can recall the game right now.

As I get older, I am as passionate as ever about wins, and WAY less pissed off about losses. That goes for all of the teams I root for.

As I get older, I am as passionate as ever about wins, and WAY less pissed off about losses. That goes for all of the teams I root for.
With iu I have to be lol. 13 year old me would be traumatized if I told him what was to come lol.

That’s the way I root for the Cubs, Colts, and Pacers. Mostly cuz they all suck, and I can laugh at their incompetence while I hope they get good again.

With The Hoosiers, Maybe it’s the alumni connection, maybe it’s the fact that I know the Hoosiers are like to Cubs in baseball and can pay and compete at the upper echelon. I expect this advantage to be taken advantage of, and feel we are a few decisions away from being “back”. I don’t know, I guess it’s the alumni part that makes me most passionate about them.

I’m “more connected”. That’s why it’s death do us part with dem Hoosiers. Sinking or swimming.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s the way I root for the Cubs, Colts, and Pacers. Mostly cuz they all suck, and I can laugh at their incompetence while I hope they get good again.

With The Hoosiers, Maybe it’s the alumni connection, maybe it’s the fact that I know the Hoosiers are like to Cubs in baseball and can pay and compete at the upper echelon. I expect this advantage to be taken advantage of, and feel we are a few decisions away from being “back”. I don’t know, I guess it’s the alumni part that makes me most passionate about them.

I’m “more connected”. That’s why it’s death do us part with dem Hoosiers. Sinking or swimming.

We're going to swim again I don't care how long it takes. I am going to start eating and exercising and quit drinking to maximize my chances of seeing our next championship. Don't want to die early and miss it lol

Maybe quit drinking after tonight and see how Wednesday goes l

I will also comment that the stadium was packed and the people around me weren’t that upset. Mostly at the refs. Grumbling with the silly turnovers. Walking out wasn’t as doom and gloom as you’d imagine. We went down on the court, got some good pictures. All things considered it was a great crowd.

Then everyone went home and rage posted on social medias for 36 hours……lol.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

42 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Might want to check the Pacers because they don't suck 23-18

So after this week, Indiana likely to be 1-5 in conference. Two games after are AT Illinois and Michigan State. I think that puts us at 1-7. Then we play AT Minnesota. I think that's our most realistic win right now. Unfortunately fine to reset expectations for the remainder of the season. We are a bottom 4 B1G team now. 

At 1-7, I think they're should absolutely be talks, and very serious talks, about Woody stepping down and retiring. 

27 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So after this week, Indiana likely to be 1-5 in conference. Two games after are AT Illinois and Michigan State. I think that puts us at 1-7. Then we play AT Minnesota. I think that's our most realistic win right now. Unfortunately fine to reset expectations for the remainder of the season. We are a bottom 4 B1G team now. 

At 1-7, I think they're should absolutely be talks, and very serious talks, about Woody stepping down and retiring. 

If it get to 1-7 and fully agree. However I think we go .500 over the stretch.  If I’m wrong and we get to 1-7, which is certainly possible, things will be incredibly toxic.