Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Here’s a RANT for y’all:
[/url]  

It’s all a bad look. Most things IU does hurts itself.

The fans just want a winning product to be proud of. Sure, there are a few JackA’s that will spout off regardless. But the vast majority just want a winning culture that plays hard and smart.

The “fans are the problem” narrative gets added to by every failed staff.

The moment the fanbase stops caring as a whole it’s over.

The program should institute policies to help the kids avoid the social media disasters especially after losses.

Heck, 2 of the goats James and Durant can’t handle the trolls. You think college players can?

The fact that Trayce and X even put eyes on that hatemail from Tim Whatchamacallit tells me everything I need to know.

I know after embarrassing losses, I personally wouldn’t be reading social media.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Unicorns buddy.  A proven winner has no reason to leave his current situation.  Younger guys tend to pee down their pants when they get here.  Maybe in 2-3 years Mike Lewis at Ball State will fit the bill -- both a proven winner and young (ish)?

All you have to do is look at some of the bigger hires of the last couple of years and you don't see them being filled by other elite coaches.

It’s all a bad look. Most things IU does hurts itself.

The fans just want a winning product to be proud of. Sure, there are a few JackA’s that will spout off regardless. But the vast majority just want a winning culture that plays hard and smart.

The “fans are the problem” narrative gets added to by every failed staff.

The moment the fanbase stops caring as a whole it’s over.

The program should institute policies to help the kids avoid the social media disasters especially after losses.

Heck, 2 of the goats James and Durant can’t handle the trolls. You think college players can?

The fact that Trayce and X even put eyes on that hatemail from Tim Whatchamacallit tells me everything I need to know.

I know after embarrassing losses, I personally wouldn’t be reading social media.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
Yes I am not sure what they expect. I am shocked they act like this isn't the normal? I just assumed every fan base had someone sending hate mail and posting negative things on social media. Magnified times 100 when your at a blueblood losing all the time. I will say leaving that game yesterday I was very impressed that not one fan was saying anything negative. Everyone just kind of walked out like everything was fine lol. That wasn't the case when davis and crean was here from my experience lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Yes I am not sure what they expect. I am shocked they act like this isn't the normal? I just assumed every fan base had someone sending hate mail and posting negative things on social media. Magnified times 100 when your at a blueblood losing all the time. I will say leaving that game yesterday I was very impressed that not one fan was saying anything negative. Everyone just kind of walked out like everything was fine lol. That wasn't the case when davis and crean was here from my experience lol

It is just sad that college sports has come to this where fans who are probably 35-50 old fat Guys sitting on the couch watching kids play a sport. It is sad these fans think that they have the right to send letters to these players because they are not meeting the fans expectations.  We have no idea what other things these guys are going through in their every day lives. For the most part these players are doing way more than us fans are doing in our lives.  I know all programs have these idiots but this is some of what I am talking about how our fans hurt the program.

6 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Imo it is imperative Woodson finds a way to succeed here. Not sure where we go if not. It is getting ugly

I have said the same thing, he is the 6th coach in 23 years. We have had 5 AD's as well and we have tried every avenue in hiring a coach. It also seems like even the blue bloods are not even trying to go outside to hire new coaches after their HOF coach leaves.  I just think a coach who is very successful at other aces have no reason to leave for a job like IU. 

To me, I hope Lewis is very successful at BSU over the next few years and when we have an opening he is the guy.  I have listened to him on local radio a lot and he has the stuff we are looking for in a coach. He has a fire inside him to win and don't take losing well.  He seems like he holds the players  accountable and don't tolerate mistakes.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is just sad that college sports has come to this where fans who are probably 35-50 old fat Guys sitting on the couch watching kids play a sport. It is sad these fans think that they have the right to send letters to these players because they are not meeting the fans expectations.  We have no idea what other things these guys are going through in their every day lives. For the most part these players are doing way more than us fans are doing in our lives.  I know all programs have these idiots but this is some of what I am talking about how our fans hurt the program.

That's the problem when we go from student athletes to semi-pros.  Doesn't make it right.  It just is what it is.  I try my hardest to give the kids the benefit of the doubt and not criticize by name.  I also hope they aren't reading the crap we post.  :) 

It's sad definitely I agree 100 percent! I question you to be serious on this. Did bailey Guyton and star players like them not get hate mail after bad losses? Social media wasn't a thing but surely their were still idiots out there? Maybe not. Wonder if Luke recker got a letter for leaving iu the way he did? I would assume. But I may be wrong. Maybe it is just a today's age thing. I just doubt it but maybe

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You’re talking about a fan or three out of a fanbase with a million plus fans. If players get mad at fans having expectations, well, that’s on them. You don’t get all the glory that comes with being an IU basketball player without taking on any responsibility. Go play in front of 200 people at Stetson if that’s what you want. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You’re talking about a fan or three out of a fanbase with a million plus fans. If players get mad at fans having expectations, well, that’s on them. You don’t get all the glory that comes with being an IU basketball player without taking on any responsibility. Go play in front of 200 people at Stetson if that’s what you want. 

Something that I thought was interesting, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I didn't read everything, but from I saw the comments on TJD's post where he shared the fan letter were 99% fans telling him how much they loved and appreciated him. 

Did TJD share any of those? Did he reply to any of those fans thanking them?

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Something that I thought was interesting, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I didn't read everything, but from I saw the comments on TJD's post where he shared the fan letter were 99% fans telling him how much they loved and appreciated him. 

Not on Twitter, at least. This is his only tweet since he posted the letter. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

giphy.gif

Exactly. They are getting a lesson on being famous or a celebrity on a smaller scale. Their is good and bad that comes with it. Life lesson.

24 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

It's sad definitely I agree 100 percent! I question you to be serious on this. Did bailey Guyton and star players like them not get hate mail after bad losses? Social media wasn't a thing but surely their were still idiots out there? Maybe not. Wonder if Luke recker got a letter for leaving iu the way he did? I would assume. But I may be wrong. Maybe it is just a today's age thing. I just doubt it but maybe

I am sure they did but it doesn't make it right. People need to get a life and realize that an outcome of a game isn't really important. Probably worse today because of social media but probably gambling as well.

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Huh? Where are you getting this from?

Well they are students which take time, they practice the sport they play. In the off season they are on campus most of the summer working out and going to class. We fans go to work and at night sit on our butts watching other doing something