Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I hate to break this to everyone but it goes much further than the coach of the team. There needs to be some issues ironed out above the coach and AD. I guess if we landed the right coach there could be a sliver of hope they could do it in the environment that is Indiana University but I wouldn't count on it.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

I hate to break this to everyone but it goes much further than the coach of the team. There needs to be some issues ironed out above the coach and AD. I guess if we landed the right coach there could be a sliver of hope they could do it in the environment that is Indiana University but I wouldn't count on it.

I get that for roster construction and getting the Jimmys and Joes. But we’ve got people handling the Xs and Os in a way that the authors of basketball for dummies weren’t prepared to help 

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

The provosts and BOT are behind this team not being able to communicate on pick and rolls?

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

What are the issues exactly?

16 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

The provosts and BOT are behind this team not being able to communicate on pick and rolls?

I mean…in the grand scheme of things…yes. The person(s) at the top are responsible for everything. That is the essence of leadership.  

Do I expect the BoT to conduct a seminar on talking during switches? No. But they oversee the guy who hires the guy who hires the guy that is in charge of making sure we communicate on screens. 

So…

19 minutes ago, HoosierDad14 said:

What are the issues exactly?

The people that run IU athletics are incompetent in comparison to other P5 schools. And since athletic competition is a zero sum game, comparison to your peers is all that matters. 

We’re talking revenue sports here. 

If Mike Woodson hadn’t played basketball at IU ~40 years ago would we have even considered him for the job? Among Big 1.o coaches, where does Woody rank?

Among Big 1.o programs, where does IU rank? Not in terms of fan support or fan money but with the AD emphasizing their programs. How many times has it come up that coach X wouldn’t listen to IU because of the administration? I believe it’s happened at least twice. Where there’s smoke there’s fire.

How can we not land a stud coach? What has the admin done in the past two decades that has pushed us ahead (not caught us up to the middle of the Big 1.o)?

The people that run IU athletics are incompetent in comparison to other P5 schools. And since athletic competition is a zero sum game, comparison to your peers is all that matters. 

We’re talking revenue sports here. 

They’ve been more focused on making deals which result in $$$. Those pretty buildings around campus didn’t build themselves. They made deals to get them built.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Good teams don’t hold onto to coaches once it’s clear they won’t succeed. The giving coaches years to drag the program further into the depths is why we are here 

Can anybody honestly see a vision where are improved next year.  If JHS has a brain he’s gone. Xavier is gone. Race is gone. Trayce is gone.  

Where is JHS going?   Northwestern was supposed to be bottom of Big.  Future forecasts and predictions are BS.