Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

southernindianahoosier2

Would you hire Chris Beard as an Assistant / Head Coach at Indiana

Someone will, but it won’t be IU. Not sure he’s worth the blowback. After going to the title game in 2019 he’s gone 18-13/9-9; 18-11/9-8; 22-12/10-8. 

Meanwhile TT went 27-10/12-6 last year and made the sweet 16 without him and is 10-4 this year. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Someone will, but it won’t be IU. Not sure he’s worth the blowback. After going to the title game in 2019 he’s gone 18-13/9-9; 18-11/9-8; 22-12/10-8

Meanwhile TT went 27-10/12-6 last year and made the sweet 16 without him and is 10-4 this year. 

So the juice is not worth the squeeze.

It seems as though Beard needs to get some alcoholism counseling and come out as someone with a redemption story who has re-structured his life. 

"I'm sorry I got caught" and "it was her fault too" isn't going to cut it and is a sign that he hasn't turned the corner yet.

Once/if he does so, he can and will be a major program head coach again.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

It seems as though Beard needs to get some alcoholism counseling and come out as someone with a redemption story who has re-structured his life. 

"I'm sorry I got caught" and "it was her fault too" isn't going to cut it and is a sign that he hasn't turned the corner yet.

Once/if he does so, he can and will be a major program head coach again.

This. He's got a lot of work to do if he wants to become a major college coach again. 

My guess is he takes a year or 2 off, and becomes a CBB color analyst for some network before a small school in the Southwest gives him a chance.

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

This. He's got a lot of work to do if he wants to become a major college coach again. 

Perhaps.  But I would say there is another Iona, or 2, out there.