Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

2022-23 Prediction League - Game 16 at Penn St Wed 7pm BTN 1/11/23

How this works!!!

Each week I will create Prediction League threads for the weeks game(s).

It's a simple concept:

Each week you start with 100 points (only if a prediction is made, otherwise 0 points for the week)
+25 PTs if you guess the winner
-25 PTs if you pick the loser
+10 PTs if guess IU score correctly
+10 PTs if guess Opponent score correct
-The # of points different between the actual and predicted score of IU (over/under doesn't matter)
-The # of points different between the actual and predicted score of opponent (over/under doesn't matter)

*** Reminder if you post a prediction and want to change it, please just POST a NEW Prediction, do not edit a prior post as I may miss those edits.

The person with the most points (MINUS 2 LOWEST GAMES) at the end of the season wins

Should have had that game at home against NW.  Scored plenty of points - much more than I expected.  The same can be said about the Iowa game.  We lost because we made a ton of crazy turnovers and mostly because our defense is a shambles.  Everybody seems to be able to drive the basket on us.  Reminds me of the Tom Crean years.  We also can not get out quick enough to stop the outside shooters.  I thought this year was supposed to be about defense but that plan has crashed and burned.  With our shorter bench the players are wearing down in the second half.  

I bring all of this up because it has an impact on my predictions.  We aren't the team we were earlier in the year and adjustment is needed.  We need ball handling but I'm not sure where that is going to come from.  We need to slow the other team up when we are on defense.  Did like to see the 3/4 court press dropping back into the 2-3.  Know coach is a man-to-man guy but he need to do something to keep Jackson-Davis closer to the basket on defense (who else do we have that can rebound in a crowd?).  Hope to see more changing defense here and a deeper bench.  With Leal a ghost and Johnson and Thompson gone, we are down to 10 scholarship players.  It may to be time to throw Banks and Duncomb into the fray for short periods and see what they can do.  They can't play defense that much worse that what I am seeing.

Sorry for the rant.  We are all ranting.

I was thinking 73-69 PSU for this game but because of the above I'm going to push those numbers up a bit and see what happens.

PSU -79

IU - 75

IU                     74

Philly Suburb  71

Indiana plays really good defense for the last 6 minutes of the game and wins!  Last second 3-pointer swishes...shot by Reneau from under PSU's basket. All this in spite of Coach Woody getting 2 Technicals and being ejected for not emoting enough when baited by the refs.

I really do love my crimson-tinted spectacles. You too can own your crimson-tinted spectacles!  Just call 900-Indiana.  Operators are standing by.

Wiley X Moxy Pol Crimson Mirror Lens/Gloss Black Frame

Surprised at the pessimism but I guess shouldn't be. But seriously, Northwestern won AT Michigan State. Iowa just took down Rutgers (which took down Purdue) at Rutgers. We lost 2 games to those two winning teams by 3 points total. Our luck has to change, and it will:

Hoosiers 74

Knit Any Pussycats 64