Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coonhounds

Game Thread: vs. Northwestern 1/8/23 at Noon on FS1

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Fanbase would have rioted if he tried that. Our fans are obsessed with familiarity and keeping things together. The Sampson to Crean exodus made that a perpetual fear. 

Fair enough.  But seems  like they are ready to riot now.  :) 

This team can still be good but I am tired of the "we just gotta keep working" comments they all deliver in the press conferences. How about saying "I'm tired of losing and this team should be tired of losing too. We need to start winning and it needs to happen vs. PSU."? Yes, we have to keep working but I want to hear that this team HATES to lose. I'm not getting that "hate to lose" vibe....

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, mbredenk101 said:

This team can still be good but I am tired of the "we just gotta keep working" comments they all deliver in the press conferences. How about saying "I'm tired of losing and this team should be tired of losing too. We need to start winning and it needs to happen vs. PSU."? Yes, we have to keep working but I want to hear that this team HATES to lose. I'm not getting that "hate to lose" vibe....

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

Majority of the roster has done plenty of losing the last 3 seasons. Why would they be bothered by it

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

SIAP...but this quote from TJD was an eye-opener: 

Coach had a great game plan and I don't think we followed it at all, honestly. We didn't switch when we needed to switch, and it's mental errors. 

When you don't listen to your coaches, that's going to really hurt you because obviously they were getting whatever shot they wanted.

This goes into the coaching discussion.  They are being coached, but apparently not following it and/or making mental errors (back to mentally soft?).  Time for some pine.  

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

This goes into the coaching discussion.  They are being coached, but apparently not following it and/or making mental errors (back to mentally soft?).  Time for some pine.  

Yep. Guys don’t execute all first half but then get rewarded with coming back in at the half 

1 hour ago, kreigh8 said:

Can't believe a Saban to Woodson comparison was made. Mindblown

If you thought Saban was being compared to Woodson you might want to take a break and give that mind off yours a rest for few. 

17 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Fair enough.  But seems  like they are ready to riot now.  :) 

IU fans don’t riot. They barely get mad. They just clap and buy merch. 

If the administration thought fans were angry in the slightest Crean and Davis wouldn’t be our too longest tenured coaches post-Knight. 15 combined years between the two. Not a riot in sight. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

So they aren't being coached and that's why they are out of position?  

He has basically said the same thing after loss . Coach had a great game plan , we didn't play hard , didn't excute etc etc . Kinda like Woody's gotta get them over the hump.

21 minutes ago, str8baller said:

If you thought Saban was being compared to Woodson you might want to take a break and give that mind off yours a rest for few. 

You didn't reference him as to how unpredictable coaching jumps are between college and pros? What other reason why he have been brought up?

5 minutes ago, Muskie for three said:

He has basically said the same thing after loss . Coach had a great game plan , we didn't play hard , didn't excute etc etc . Kinda like Woody's gotta get them over the hump.

Right.  Problem is what's he been doing to get them "over the hump."  So far, it looks like jack squat.  My recommendation is to use the bench to motivate them over the hump.   It may be ugly, but gotta do something.  

4 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

You didn't reference him as to how unpredictable coaching jumps are between college and pros? What other reason why he have been brought up?

The second sentence in my post pretty much spelled it out. Their pro records are irrelevant. Woodson isn’t struggling the last month because he only took the Knicks to the playoffs a few times. 

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

The second sentence in my post pretty much spelled it out. Their pro records are irrelevant. Woodson isn’t struggling the last month because he only took the Knicks to the playoffs a few times. 

Ahh - not sure how "not identifying useful metrics" cleared that up for me, but I'll take your word for it that it wasn't meant as a comparison.

Plenty of coaches struggle to adjust from one level to the next - just find Saban the wrong one to make the comparison on. Yeah the NFL level wasn't for him, but he cut hit teeth at LSU and Michigan St well before Alabama to prove he was worth a sh**.

And I didn't even reply to you so not sure why you're so upset that you'd tell me to leave a message board

1 minute ago, Whoozhers said:

Well, how would you like to be me? All I got is Hoosiers/Colts clothes to wear. I can’t wear that in public. Decided just to go Au naturale. Might be a little embarrassing but at least I’ll be comfortable.

I'm a Hoosier and White Sox fan predominately. Root for the Colts but not as wild about football as I am baseball and basketball. The teams I watch absolutely stink

Well, how would you like to be me? All I got is Hoosiers/Colts clothes to wear. I can’t wear that in public. Decided just to go Au naturale. Might be a little embarrassing but at least I’ll be comfortable.
I will still wear my iu gear I don't care. I hate Purdue fans saying stuff but whatever I guess. May get in a fight soon though cause I might snap lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Hoosier / Bears got u beat.