Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU_FanClub

Scott Dolson

Dolson IMO is the problem. Well, the whole athletic department and BoT are. Quinn wants to tell us who to hire, but he's not around the program, and probably doesn't even watch games with his Pacers schedule. 

For Allen to have a buyout in the 20's, and Woodson to have a double-figure buyout is just ridiculous.

Now were stuck with these two for some time. No one wants to pay either buyout. 

Just very disappointing

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Dolson IMO is the problem. Well, the whole athletic department and BoT are. Quinn wants to tell us who to hire, but he's not around the program, and probably doesn't even watch games with his Pacers schedule. 

For Allen to have a buyout in the 20's, and Woodson to have a double-figure buyout is just ridiculous.

Just very disappointing

It is flat out ridiculous their buyout is that much...sad and pathetic. 

No matter how bad the season gets, a change is not getting made in the basketball program until after next season at the earliest. 

Any coach needs a minimum of 3 full seasons to prove themselves IMO. 

If football and basketball continue on the current trajectory, the first to go needs to be Dolson. He can't be the one picking the replacement for Allen or Woodson.

5 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

No matter how bad the season gets, a change is not getting made in the basketball program until after next season at the earliest. 

Any coach needs a minimum of 3 full seasons to prove themselves IMO. 

If football and basketball continue on the current trajectory, the first to go needs to be Dolson. He can't be the one picking the replacement for Allen or Woodson.

Normally I would agree with you about the 3 year thing.  But if things continue to slide off the rails in this basketball season with all the big expectations coming into the season there is no way they can afford to just do business as usual and move on to year 3.  It just can't happen.  

16 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

It is flat out ridiculous their buyout is that much...sad and pathetic. 

It was a desperate move. We can’t go compete in the marketplace so you gotta hope Allen is a diamond in the rough and you can hang on to him.

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just very disappointing

But isn't any coach going to leverage you for an extreme buyout?  That's the pool we play in.  I suppose you need a plan B if it doesn't work out.  

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

But isn't any coach going to leverage you for an extreme buyout?  That's the pool we play in.  I suppose you need a plan B if it doesn't work out.  

But Woody didn't haven't any leverage

29 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Normally I would agree with you about the 3 year thing.  But if things continue to slide off the rails in this basketball season with all the big expectations coming into the season there is no way they can afford to just do business as usual and move on to year 3.  It just can't happen.  

I hear you, ultimately I don't think Woodson is the guy. But just to play devil's advocate we did make the tournament last year for the first time in a while, so it's not like last year was a disaster by any means.

We're only halfway through his 2nd season here. What does that say to potential future coaches when they know they'll be fired after their second season, even after going to the tournament the previous year? 

Plus we do have injuries to deal with this year, we can't escape that fact. 

2 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I hear you, ultimately I don't think Woodson is the guy. But just to play devil's advocate we did make the tournament last year for the first time in a while, so it's not like last year was a disaster by any means.

We're only halfway through his 2nd season here. What does that say to potential future coaches when they know they'll be fired after their second season, even after going to the tournament the previous year? 

Plus we do have injuries to deal with this year, we can't escape that fact. 

I smell what you are cooking.  But doesn't that also speak to my point as well.  If things slide off the rails and this team fails to make the tournament this year then it just shows the huge mess we have?  

If he can get things stabilized and make the tournament then ok.  But if this slide goes off the rails then there has to be change.  

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

It’s easy to blame Dolson but the investment just hasn’t been there for 25-30 years. IU fights and claws to take a step forward but the conference competition is already 3 steps forward. Almost impossible to catch up.

This is literally Dolsons Job… and was Dolsons job, No? He’s been in the athletic department for a long time, why has there been such little investment over the years? This is on him

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Just very disappointing

How does QB have any authority in the matter on coaching hires? Shouldn’t the authority for the decision come from the AD? Wasn’t that why he was hired? Is Dolsen just a puppet? Is Fred Glass still pulling strings?