Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU_FanClub

Scott Dolson

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Phone calls wasn't the problem for Sampson but it was he brought in pimps and drug dealers. Guys who didn't go to class and had 19F's. Sampson shod have never been hired. If our president at the time didn't make the AD hire him we could have had Beilein.

Players had no oversight during this period with Sampson gone. They didn’t want to play for Dakich which is understandable. Druggies and arrests were mostly under Creans watch which nobody mentions or conveniently leave out.

IU could always explore a Ted Williams frozen head situation and bring back Coach Knight. Imagine Ted hitting .400 again and Knight racking up another 700 wins and fishing and hunting together. Just need that technology to catch up. Cuban where are you?

23 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

IU could always explore a Ted Williams frozen head situation and bring back Coach Knight. Imagine Ted hitting .400 again and Knight racking up another 700 wins and fishing and hunting together. Just need that technology to catch up. Cuban where are you?

If only Elon was the IU grad instead of Cuban.

1 minute ago, cbp4iu said:

If IU football and basketball suck next year he totally could face a ton of heat

From who? Who will actually turn the heat up on him? Football is just a sport we have at IU that takes place while we tailgate. We have our former player turned coach to take us back to the promised land! Do you think our administration will ever look in the mirror and take the blame? They've been too busy making morally questionable deals to boost the university. They don't have time for that athletics crap as long as they don't act a fool off the court/field.

12 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

If IU football and basketball suck next year he totally could face a ton of heat

LOL no he won't.  He was hired to pick up where Glass left off and here we are; non revenue sports are good, revenue sports are a joke.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

LOL no he won't.  He was hired to pick up where Glass left off and here we are; non revenue sports are good, revenue sports are a joke.

Glass is still haunting us eh? I hope Dolson doesn’t consult with him. Dolson should be fired on the spot

1 minute ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Glass is still haunting us eh? I hope Dolson doesn’t consult with him. Dolson should be fired on the spot

Who would fire him?  McRobbie?  I've got a better chance of landing a date with Emma Watson.  The Aussie couldn't possibly care less.

On 1/7/2023 at 1:38 PM, JSHoosier said:

And I really don't like our holier than thou attitude.  It just boils down to something like the following:

IU:  We're not like those other programs

Everyone else: Yeah, you're okay with getting your butts kicked

In addition I feel like we are a fan base that leans into and feeds off of negativity much more than others. I know every fan base has this but there seems to be a large contingent of IU basketball fans that absolutely thrive off it. I get the impression that a lot of it comes from Knight’s coaching style and attitudes reinforcing this kind of behavior (I was born in 98, maybe I’m off there) but it’s incredibly annoying and unhelpful to the program. I’ve suspected that our annual mid season slumps are related to this and part of the reason why we have such a hard time breaking out of them. 

It seems like the venn diagram of our fans with with moral superiority complexes, that are completely out of touch with the program and CBB, and that are ridiculously negative and down beat towards the program is pretty close to a circle and they absolutely hurt the program. It’s how we end up with “Fans” writing Trayce to tell him that he’s horrible and doesn’t compare some star player from the 80s. 

6 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Who would fire him?  McRobbie?  I've got a better chance of landing a date with Emma Watson.  The Aussie couldn't possibly care less.

McRobbie is no longer the president. Hasn't been for more than a year.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

In addition I feel like we are a fan base that leans into and feeds off of negativity much more than others. I know every fan base has this but there seems to be a large contingent of IU basketball fans that absolutely thrive off it. I get the impression that a lot of it comes from Knight’s coaching style and attitudes reinforcing this kind of behavior (I was born in 98, maybe I’m off there) but it’s incredibly annoying and unhelpful to the program. I’ve suspected that our annual mid season slumps are related to this and part of the reason why we have such a hard time breaking out of them. 

It seems like the venn diagram of our fans with with moral superiority complexes, that are completely out of touch with the program and CBB, and that are ridiculously negative and down beat towards the program is pretty close to a circle and they absolutely hurt the program. It’s how we end up with “Fans” writing Trayce to tell him that he’s horrible and doesn’t compare some star player from the 80s. 

Wait, our fans are responsible for our turrble play in the Big 1.o over the last half dozen years or so?

7 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

Oh, good, an "it's the fans' fault" post. Haven't seen one of those in a few days.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Wait, our fans are responsible for our turrble play in the Big 1.o over the last half dozen years or so?

No but you could probably say the fans loyalty are responsible for keeping at best a  middle of the road to bottom of the conference team this much attention despite their terrible play over the last 2 decades.   Year in and year out they are showing fans what they are and where they stand but IU fans keep coming back and hoping it will be different.   I’m guessing no other program of a team that hasn’t had a winning conference record in over 6 years has this much attention or loyal support from their fan base.    They are who they are until they are not 

10 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

The responses you're already getting (and will likely continue to get) kind of prove your point. 

Some people could probably benefit from a day or two away from fan forums. I'm honestly getting amazed at how toxic this board is becoming. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

No but you could probably say the fans loyalty are responsible for keeping at best a  middle of the road to bottom of the conference team this much attention despite their terrible play over the last 2 decades.   Year in and year out they are showing fans what they are and where they stand but IU fans keep coming back and hoping it will be different.   I’m guessing no other program of a team that hasn’t had a winning conference record in over 6 years has this much attention or loyal support from their fan base.    They are who they are until they are not 

Agree with that. It's a double edged sword. Fantastic to show recruits and players the fan support. If you deliver you'll be an absolute legend. At the same time, you have thousands of pretty knowledgeable fans critiquing your play.

17 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

Fans complaining on a message board aren’t why our team gets thumped at home by freaking Northwestern. The fans did their part today trying to energize the players. The players just lack the give a **** needed to show up and compete for a full 40 minutes. When you go from a GOAT level coach to the past 2 decades we’ve had of course you’re going to see a ton of negativity. It’d be no different if UNC or Kansas or UK dealt with what we’ve dealt with. Those schools just wouldn’t ever let it get to that point because they actually care.