Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU_FanClub

Scott Dolson

8 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Your tune has changed 

I still want to watch this season play out. But this post could’ve been made months ago we have so many problems in our athletic department regardless of basketball

Doesn’t matter because the administration is content being a mediocre sports school so long as the money keeps coming in. We turn a profit, and that’s what matters to them. It’s a lot easier to accept mediocrity than it is to put in the effort to be great.

I don't know the full extent to how the athletic department operates. From what I see and heard it's about par for the course.

Players imitate their coach, sports programs imitate the athletic department, athletic departments imitate the university. Seems to be rather accurate for IU from what I know. There are extreme bright spots but $$$ drives decision making. If there is a decision to be made don't count on the right one. (we'll leave the morality of the Sampson debacle and moves the university has made in the closet though)

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We have a top soccer program 

We have a top 6 women's basketball team 

Until injuries had a top 15 men's basketball team. 

Don't see where the athletic program being bad. 

Justvraised over 1 million for the football NIL

Football and men’s basketball are the two key sports programs. We stink at both. 

Football team went 2-16 in the conference over the past two years. Our players are leaving in droves for greener pastures.

Men’s basketball has finished higher than 9th in the conference once since 2016, and higher than 6th zero times. 1 tournament win during that period, and that was in a play-in game. 

And injuries are just an excuse. Before the season our “great depth” was all the rage.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

For f*** sake.

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Football and men’s basketball are the two key sports programs. We stink at both. 

Football team went 2-16 in the conference over the past two years. Our players are leaving in droves for greener pastures.

Men’s basketball has finished higher than 9th in the conference once since 2016, and higher than 6th zero times. 1 tournament win during that period, and that was in a play-in game. 

And injuries are just an excuse. Before the season our “great depth” was all the rage.

Don't forget the fact that in order to fire the offensive coordinator for the football team last year, the money required had to come from the head coach's salary.

I mean isn't that what all the great programs do?

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Start comparing us to others in the conference and it become apparent real quick 

We have an elite soccer program and aren’t we good a diving or something? The average fan doesn’t care about either. We play in the best women’s volleyball conference in the country and we suck. We play in the second best football conference in the country and we suck.

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

NO ONE CARES.

None of them bring in money. Gotta take care of what brings in the cash. 

14 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Well the football program just brought in two big transfers today. I don't want Allen here but like it or not he had one of the best two year stretch in OU football history.

48 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well the football program just brought in two big transfers today. I don't want Allen here but like it or not he had one of the best two year stretch in OU football history.

I don't think our amazing two year stretch would be considered anything but mediocre for OU football.