Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - Thursday, 1/5/23 @ 9:00 on FS1

That's not the structure. It's different companies under the same regulator fighting for $$$.

Regardless. Its the same damn sport. It should all be officiated the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, iubb said:

Regardless. Its the same damn sport. It should all be officiated the same.

I'm not arguing that is should be officiated the same or even similar. The reality is quite different. You could argue that has led to what looks like completely different sports being played in different conferences.

I'm not arguing that is should be officiated the same or even similar. The reality is quite different. You could argue that has led to what looks like completely different sports being played in different conferences.

100% agree (and its all b10 sports).

It makes it hard to even enjoy watching

purdoodoo on the road against a much better opponent find a way to win a close game down the stretch.

IU on the road against an opponent winless in conference find a way to lose a close game down the stretch.

A good program and culture vs. whatever we have become. Remember when Rutger had a rough patch but found a way to punk us? It's weird how we can't overcome ourselves to become a good program again.

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

purdoodoo on the road against a much better opponent find a way to win a close game down the stretch.

IU on the road against an opponent winless in conference find a way to lose a close game down the stretch.

A good program and culture vs. whatever we have become. Remember when Rutger had a rough patch but found a way to punk us? It's weird how we can't overcome ourselves to become a good program again.

Did Purdue have 2 starters out and have their best player playing at 70%.. If Race had not gotten hurt I say this would be a win . When he was guarding Murray he had 7 points and 23 when ithers were guarding him.

23 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Purdue is getting players that just know how to play too.

Did Purdue have 2 starters out and have their best player playing at 70%.. If Race had not gotten hurt I say this would be a win . When he was guarding Murray he had 7 points and 23 when ithers were guarding him.

Was purdoodoo playing a bad Iowa team without multiple rotational players out?

You mean Murray had ~25% of his points in the ~25% of the game Race was in then had ~75% of his points in the rest of the ~75% of the game. Color me shocked.

Things like defensive intensity, rebounding, missed FTs, etc have cost us time after time and will continue to.  When does it get addressed?  

Responsibility ultimately falls on the coaches.  Changes have to be made.

4 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

The program is cursed

I agree. I’ve been advocating for a Shaman to preform a ritual in SKAH since Sampson was here. 
Also, EVERY team gets UP to knock off Mighty Indiana (used to be mighty anyway). We need that same kind of mind set/mentality like we’re going to knock off Mighty Indiana ourselves. IU is like a deer in the headlights, decoy duck on the water just opening ourselves up to be pummeled.

Anyway, right now, seemingly….. bad is the best we can do.

Still going to watch and support the HOOSIERS.

It’s winter…. What else you gonna do?

LET’S GET IT TOGETHER….. GO HOOSIERS!!

5 hours ago, Bankshot said:

I’m not saying it’s time to get rid of Woodson (yet), but I will say that if our next head coaching hire isn’t Michael Lewis I fear we will long regret it.

Question: How did we get so bad at free throws like twenty years ago and then stay so bad for so long?

I'm not sure they'd even call Lewis.  I have so little faith in the people in charge, I'd fully expect them to scrape the very bottom of the barrel.

43 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

I agree. I’ve been advocating for a Shaman to preform a ritual in SKAH since Sampson was here. 
Also, EVERY team gets UP to knock off Mighty Indiana (used to be mighty anyway). We need that same kind of mind set/mentality like we’re going to knock off Mighty Indiana ourselves. IU is like a deer in the headlights, decoy duck on the water just opening ourselves up to be pummeled.

Anyway, right now, seemingly….. bad is the best we can do.

Still going to watch and support the HOOSIERS.

It’s winter…. What else you gonna do?

LET’S GET IT TOGETHER….. GO HOOSIERS!!

We aren't mighty Indiana anymore. It's an absurd narrative to say a part of the reason we lose games is that teams get more up to play against us than other teams. That's just not true at this point.

47 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

We aren't mighty Indiana anymore. It's an absurd narrative to say a part of the reason we lose games is that teams get more up to play against us than other teams. That's just not true at this point.

You musta missed the part “used to be Mighty anyway”.

I think teams know we were once a blue blood and still want to pound the heck out of us. Undefeated season …. National Championships etc.

Time for honesty. 

Our defense sucks. 

Woody isn't a Top 10 Big Ten coach. 

Zero adjustments were made an to attack the press and zone. 

This team won't win a road game and is guaranteed to lose 3-4 home games. 

This team won't make the NCAA tourney. 

It is yet another wasted season, no different than 2016-2017. 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Time for honesty. 

Our defense sucks. 

Woody isn't a Top 10 Big Ten coach. 

Zero adjustments were made an to attack the press and zone. 

This team won't win a road game and is guaranteed to lose 3-4 home games. 

This team won't make the NCAA tourney. 

It is yet another wasted season, no different than 2016-2017. 

Facts!