Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - Thursday, 1/5/23 @ 9:00 on FS1

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I agree that Logan should be getting some looks in upcoming games but don't know that a team like Iowa would be the best time to do so.  I'm sure who he could have guarded.

Right, because we did such a great job of "guarding" those farm boys. :) Your bigs are hurt.  Your subs are on a different planet.  He's what you got at this point.  

Classic Woody.  I'm  not going to comment, before he comments.  OK IU, Big Ten is on the line tomorrow.  What you going to do? 

If i was woody i would tell them to f off. And get competent officials. Its been how many years and the big 10 still has some of the worst officials in the Ncaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Golfman25 said:

Right, because we did such a great job of "guarding" those farm boys. :) Your bigs are hurt.  Your subs are on a different planet.  He's what you got at this point.  

I'd take Banks on the court over Duncomb against a team playing zone and pressing.  I'm putting Davis and Duncomb in together would have done.

2 minutes ago, iubb said:

If i was woody i would tell them to f off. And get competent officials. Its been how many years and the big 10 still has some of the worst officials in the Ncaa

These officials call games outside the Big 1.o and you don't see the clown show you see in Big 1.o games. Why do you think that happens?

16 minutes ago, iubb said:

that's all well and good, Woody... but what about playing against a zone? you have to play with whatever cards are dealt... but to be totally unprepared to face a full-court zone press... not excuse... THAT is coaching, my friend.

I’m not saying it’s time to get rid of Woodson (yet), but I will say that if our next head coaching hire isn’t Michael Lewis I fear we will long regret it.

Question: How did we get so bad at free throws like twenty years ago and then stay so bad for so long?

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

These officials call games outside the Big 1.o and you don't see the clown show you see in Big 1.o games. Why do you think that happens?

I think that refs learn what the conferences want.  That's the sad thing....it's not just the Big Ten condoning it, it's them desiring it.  

6 minutes ago, iubb said:

It's a truly sad day when you start missing "TV" Teddy Valentine... am I right?

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

that's all well and good, Woody... but what about playing against a zone? you have to play with whatever cards are dealt... but to be totally unprepared to face a full-court zone press... not excuse... THAT is coaching, my friend.

Do you think he doesn't take responsibility for his faults?  IMO, that guy was Crean.  The clip posted here was a 40 second clip on one question.  It wasn't the only question asked of him.

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

playing zone 

Woody kind of lost me. He knows how to play against a 2-3, we’ve done it before. But today he opted for a 4 out setup with everyone trying to force the ball down to TJD. Then post game he says TJD was injured. Then why the heck would you design your offensive set to have him go 1vs3 against that zone? It literally makes no sense. 

Let kopp flash to the middle. we did it once, by accident i think, and their zone collapsed. 

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I think that refs learn what the conferences want.  That's the sad thing....it's not just the Big Ten condoning it, it's them desiring it.  

That's been my point for years. If the Big 1.o wanted to fix it they would fix it. This is what they want. It works to bring in big money but it makes the product bad for true basketball bans. It also limits the potential to wing big in the tourney. It's a tradeoff and the Big 1.o has chosen parity and $$$.

6 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

There’s still a lot of season left and I’ll be right here for all of it but it would just be nice for all the time and energy us fans put in to be rewarded every once in awhile 

I want it for the players that have stuck it out through some really crappy times at IU. I know those players want it too. Did they put in the work over the summer? Did they force their teammates to put in that same quality of work over the summer? My guess would be no to several questions we had before the season.

That's been my point for years. If the Big 1.o wanted to fix it they would fix it. This is what they want. It works to bring in big money but it makes the product bad for true basketball bans. It also limits the potential to wing big in the tourney. It's a tradeoff and the Big 1.o has chosen parity and $$$.

You would think every aspect of the NCAA would be somewhat similar. Especially officiating. But. Nope.

4 minutes ago, iubb said:

You would think every aspect of the NCAA would be somewhat similar. Especially officiating. But. Nope.

That's not the structure. It's different companies under the same regulator fighting for $$$.