Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - Thursday, 1/5/23 @ 9:00 on FS1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Wow…Conner Mccaffery being interviewed and just said about Indiana…”We went zone and they had no idea what to do. I don’t know if they had ever seen it before.” 

YIKES

Shades of Jim Bohiem clowning Crean. Most embarrassing part of being an IU fan. 

We used to be the smarter team. Now we’re the dumbest going on two decades. 

2 minutes ago, RoadRage said:

The charges are likely being dropped, she admitted she lied. So all it takes is an accusation and you want to ruin a man's life forever?

Yeah because a victim of domestic abuse has never been coerced into recanting.  Nope never happened 

3 minutes ago, iubb said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It needed to be said and glad he said it. Fran getting the tech early in the game seemed to change how things were handled from then on. It would have been nice if Woody would have went off when it mattered.

I see where the players are coming from now.

8 minutes ago, RoadRage said:

I'll go ahead and say it....if the whole fiasco with Chris Beard turns out to be nothing more than a woman scorned, why not go after him? The charges against him will likely be dropped since she has already admitted she lied. The guy can coach and from what I know this is a totally isolated case, somebody is going to give him another job, why not us!

IU wouldn’t hire him before he was arrested lol. And we’re the same school that dropped a nuke on ourselves for making too many phone calls. IU wouldn’t touch him in a million years.

4 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Not really anyone consistently outside of TB. There are flashes from different players but none of the have moved up out of the role player status. There is something up with JG, he is lost again, Trey has spurts, even Kopp, but there needs to be consistency.

bright note: I thought JHS showed something tonight that he was definitely not praised for out of high school and that was his 3s tonight. 

bad note: the most aggravating thing for me tonight was that LONG stretch after Race went down with JG logging so many minutes while being completely lost on both sides of the floor! I get MR was trash tonight but hell we still had the lead throw LD in there.

Right.  Can Logan be that bad we can't sneak a couple of min out of him.  I think I would rather have a less athletic kid that know basketball (don't know if that's Logan or not) than an athletic kid running around lost.  

5 minutes ago, RoadRage said:

I'll go ahead and say it....if the whole fiasco with Chris Beard turns out to be nothing more than a woman scorned, why not go after him? The charges against him will likely be dropped since she has already admitted she lied. The guy can coach and from what I know this is a totally isolated case, somebody is going to give him another job, why not us!

IU had crossed Beard off their list for 'off the court' reasons when they began their search....because of his off the court activities prior to Texas.  Let's just say that I think the IU athletic department was not surprised in the slightest by the current situation that Beard found himself in and I'm nt sure why his stock woudl be higher now than then.

It needed to be said and glad he said it. Fran getting the tech early in the game seemed to change how things were handled from then on. It would have been nice if Woody would have went off when it mattered.

Watch the big 10 suspend Woodson for daring to question the officials

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep we can’t walk and chew gum anymore 

It’s not even that. It’s that IU used to be the program that called out other dumb coaches (eg Dale Brown) and then beat them anyways. 

Now we’re the ones getting called out and beat. And we’re not being made fun of by Hall of Famers either. Rutgers and Fran are eating our lunch and laughing.  

I think I’d rather they just tear down Assembly Hall and put up a plaque. Ruins of a once great program. 

8 minutes ago, iubb said:

Classic Woody.  I'm  not going to comment, before he comments.  OK IU, Big Ten is on the line tomorrow.  What you going to do? 

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

Right.  Can Logan be that bad we can't sneak a couple of min out of him.  I think I would rather have a less athletic kid that know basketball (don't know if that's Logan or not) than an athletic kid running around lost.  

I agree that Logan should be getting some looks in upcoming games but don't know that a team like Iowa would be the best time to do so.  I'm sure who he could have guarded.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Confirmation of what we saw:  coach called the tech on Fran and pulled it back.

Odds that the Big Ten admits the erorr or suspends the ref is nil.