Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - Thursday, 1/5/23 @ 9:00 on FS1

Sort of a must win. Gotta have as many wins on the road as possible for a chance at a B1G title. Boys gotta show up and put their big boy undies on and take care of business. 

Just my opinion, but I believe it is time to let JHS loose. We need him and TJD averaging 15, 16, 17 a game. I think JHS is absolutely capable of it as he has started to show recently. With X out, need another scorer. Need him to take over some. It's has to be TJD and JHS IMO. Though I think Bates could very end up being out 2nd leading scorers by seasons end.

And the defense needs to step up. BIG TIME. Been kinda poop this season. 

Iowa has some serious roster issues for tomorrow night:

• Backup big Josh Ogundele is likely out - hasn't played in a few games and an Iowa student posting on their board said he was on crutches yesterday.
  • Freshman shooter/guard Josh Dix injured his ankle in their last game and did not return. He is questionable.
  • 6'10" Pat McCaffery is out.

Their healthy roster will likely be:

1. C -  Rebraca
  2. F - Murray
  3. F/G  - Co McCaffery
  4. G - Perkins
  5. G - Ulis
  6. F - Sandofort
  7. G - Bowen

Those seven are all of their key players and will all likely get 30+ minutes, but foul trouble could have a major, major effect. 

1. C - Mulvey (has played a total of 27 minutes this year, none in B1G games
  2. G - Kingsbury (walk-on Fr has played 27 minutes this year)

Just now, Hovadipo said:

TJD dog-walked Rebraca in both games last year and he's all they have for him tomorrow. Bad night to be a Hawkeye.

True, but Rebraca is a better player than what he showed against us last year. 

Iowa does seem like kind of in shambles currently, I may have to adjust my prediction of a 9 point Iowa win Thursday.

I'd feel better if we were fully healthy, but with X out and TJD dealing with issues of his own, I'm not sure we can pick up a road win in a tough environment. 

30 minutes ago, sweetpain said:

If we cannot win against this undermanned Iowa team, nobody will be happy.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

*with a healthy Trayce Jackson Davis.

Otherwise, we are also an undermanned team without our best player and point guard/second-third best player.

57 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Iowa does seem like kind of in shambles currently, I may have to adjust my prediction of a 9 point Iowa win Thursday.

I'd feel better if we were fully healthy, but with X out and TJD dealing with issues of his own, I'm not sure we can pick up a road win in a tough environment. 

This is where I am. Easy W in the Hall, but the team has to show it can play well w/o X on the road, and Iowa will be motivated to play hard. Hoping TJD is healthy, Gallo brings his A game and the team as a whole brings full bore energy the full game.

With proper attribution to the Iowa rivals board, below is a summary of Franimal's take on Iowa's injury status for tonight:

• Fran said today that Josh Dix didn’t practice yesterday, but should do some work today. Fran thinks he’ll be a go against Indiana tomorrow, but did not guarantee it. We have 11 scholarship players. However, for tomorrow, we are down for sure to 9:
    * PMac is out.
    * Ogundele has a knee issue and will NOT play according to Fran
    In addition:
    * 7'0 Mulvey is, unfortunately, not a desirable option.
    * Dix is questionable.

I would imagine the starters tomorrow are:
    Ulis
    Perkins
    Kris
    Connor
    Filip
    Scholarship Players Off the bench:
    Payton (who's 0 for what in B1G play)
    Dasonte
    Dix (if he can go)

On 1/4/2023 at 8:51 AM, Stuhoo said:

My sincere hope is that Rebraca picks up two fouls in the first five minutes of the game and it becomes the Riley Mulvey show against Trayce and Malik.

I have no idea who Riley Mulvey is but at least I know ahead of time the name of the player who will be written about tomorrow for being a little used bench player that had a breakout career high 26 point night.