Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ebridges24

Xavier and Race

I haven’t seen a single thing about it, didn’t even see a replay of the fall, but when he was on the floor he was holding his shin/ankle area and that’s what the doctors were checking out before he went to the bench. Never saw him after that. 

It was a non-contact injury and on the replay his ankle don’t seem to turn so I doubt it’s an ankle.

Im hoping it’s not an Achilles. Could be a torn arch which hurts like crazy but isn’t very serious 

42 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I haven’t seen a single thing about it, didn’t even see a replay of the fall, but when he was on the floor he was holding his shin/ankle area and that’s what the doctors were checking out before he went to the bench. Never saw him after that. 

It looked like at first he was holding his foot.  But I turn my head away during replays.  I don't like to watch injury replays as I was scarred with the Joe Theisman broken leg.  

It was a non-contact injury and on the replay his ankle don’t seem to turn so I doubt it’s an ankle.
Im hoping it’s not an Achilles. Could be a torn arch which hurts like crazy but isn’t very serious 
You sure it was non contact? I thought it was on a scramble and he got hit by player diving after the ball? Which they called a foul

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I watched it closely. The defender dove at his legs and feet but I don’t believe any contact was made. His foot/ankle did twist a little funny as it appeared X was trying to avoid the contact. It’s always hard to judge but I’ve seen far worse, and the injury itself didn’t look terrible, but the reaction was clearly extreme necessitating the concerns.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

There was a picture of him in a boot after the game.  I know X said 'he'll be back soon' but assume it's a wait and see right now.

Next man up.  Expect JHS handles the point with Galloway taking it over when JHS goes to the bench.  Assuming that Galloway moves into the starting lineup and Bates sees his minutes increase.  Gunn would be first to potentially benefit minute wise although I am hoping that it's Banks.

8 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Might have a broken foot.   If you can read lips and have the game recorded go back and watch the conversation after the game between Self and Woodson.   Some think that’s what they are talking about but that’s just speculation 

Wonder what Chris007 has heard.  I'm guessing he'll sit the next couple games either way, and then they're off a week. Obviously if it's broken, it'll be longer. If the back spasms come back for JHS, it definitely won't be good. Gallo is serviceable at the point for short periods, but definitely not going to be a good full-time answer. Who else is there after that?

Yikes! It doesn’t seem overly promising that X will be back anytime soon. On Woodson’s radio show he said…”We’ll wait on X if he ever gets the chance to come back…but right now we need to move forward with what we got.” Really tough.  Let’s hope for the best and that he can return some time during conference play.

There’s no way to sugar coat this, this is a very tough blow for the team. When is X is on, he an all conference player. Even more, his position is the most important on the court. It will be hard to replace his production. Bates isn’t there yet and isn’t a primary ball handler. This program has certainly faced its fair share of hardships and unlucky breaks over the years…almost like we’re cursed. 

Hope X gets healthy. 

21 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He came back out in a boot

13 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Might have a broken foot.   If you can read lips and have the game recorded go back and watch the conversation after the game between Self and Woodson.   Some think that’s what they are talking about but that’s just speculation 

Naah they were actually dropping F bombs at each other

:)

If X is out for most of the year this team may miss the tournament. His value on defense is immense and he's our best play maker on offense. Brutal if that's the case.

18 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

If X is out for most of the year this team may miss the tournament. His value on defense is immense and he's our best play maker on offense. Brutal if that's the case.

I'm not as pessimistic about that.  Love X, but he does have the ability to take us out of games as well.  JHS is going to continue to get better.  Losing him last year would have been disastrous....this year we have options.  

Would guess Galloway moves into the starting lineup and backs up JHS at the point.  More minutes for Bates.And if the injury had to occur, the timing could have been much worse.  Coming up on games with Elon and Kennesaw State and then a week and a half break gives time to adjust to roles.

7 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I'm not as pessimistic about that.  Coming up on games with Elon and Kennesaw State and then a week and a half break gives time to adjust to roles.

We would love for him to get back Asap…however, based on the quotes I’m reading from Woodson’s show…this appears to be a long term situation. 

Let’s all hope JHS stays healthy and has no more back issues….but I fear this is going to be a real tough blow….I don’t think X is replaceable…certainly nobody on our bench is going to replace his offensive production and defense. 

The best version of this team is when XJ and JHS are both at full strength. If Johnson is out for an extended period, it will put a lot of pressure on JHS to be mature beyond his years. Other guys will have to fill the void. Woodson may have to tweak the offensive game plan a bit as well. Time for CMW to earn his paycheck.

"Well, right now, we're still evaluating him," Woodson said. "He's kind of day-to-day, just to to kind of see where he is right now. I think we'll know more -- probably won't play [Tuesday night against Elon] -- so we'll know more probably Wednesday to see exactly where we are with him."

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Indiana-basketball-Mike-Woodson-updates-Xavier-Johnsons-injury-200921112/