Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ebridges24

Xavier and Race

41 minutes ago, Redcamaro said:

What friggan' changes? There's not any!

I don’t know what changes but there has to be something.  Maybe a change could be, if it looks like you aren’t playing defense, you sit. Maybe another change is see what Duncomb and/or Leal can do.  Maybe actually playing 4 out and 1 in, which would mean substituting Reneau in for TJD and not playing them at the same time.  Maybe staying with a 2-2-1 3/4 court token press and falling back into a zone.  It’s obvious we can’t guard a statue playing  man-to-man.  So don’t say there aren’t changes that can’t be made

Personally, I think both should come off the bench when they get back. Would love having X being a massive change of pace off the bench and Race being able to play the 4 and 5 off the bench. Geronimo seems to be starting to figure things out a little more with the starters and playing more with TJD. Honestly seems to be more space which is odd. 

Ad if X comes back, my dream still exist of playing JHS at the 3 at times with XJ and Bates also on the floor. Not holding out on that one though. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think both should come off the bench when they get back

I agree, at least initially. Neither will be in game shape anyway. Once they get into game shape, maybe start whoever is playing best between Geronimo and Race and Galloway and Xavier.  The team seems to be developing some chemistry with the current starters so it might be a mistake to disrupt things.

7 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

I agree, at least initially. Neither will be in game shape anyway. Once they get into game shape, maybe start whoever is playing best between Geronimo and Race and Galloway and Xavier.  The team seems to be developing some chemistry with the current starters so it might be a mistake to disrupt things.

I agree too!  I think this current starting 5 seems to get off to better starts too!

1 hour ago, realTomCrean said:

What we know about X? I think we'll see him suited up next weekend

Don't know much about his timetable, but would love to see him return for the Purdue game in a limited role. Still feels pretty early to me though based on the limited info we do have. 6-8 weeks post surgery would be just a few games left in the B10 schedule

On 1/29/2023 at 4:34 PM, TeeterInNJ said:

Don't know much about his timetable, but would love to see him return for the Purdue game in a limited role. Still feels pretty early to me though based on the limited info we do have. 6-8 weeks post surgery would be just a few games left in the B10 schedule

Be nice to see him get up into Purdue's guards grills for about 6 mins each half.

On 1/29/2023 at 4:42 PM, TheWatShot said:

Watching him shoot last night, I would say he's still a few weeks away from being able to play again.

I wouldn't pay any attention to that video.  

On 1/29/2023 at 4:34 PM, TeeterInNJ said:

7 weeks is Saturday.