Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ebridges24

Xavier and Race

7 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Heading fifth metatarsal, Jones fracture? (I’m not medical, so don’t know what that means)

Says 6 weeks to several months to heal. I guess it really depends on how bad it was and how it heals. Likely won't know anything for awhile. 

17 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Heading fifth metatarsal, Jones fracture? (I’m not medical, so don’t know what that means)

A Jones Fracture is just like any other broken bone and takes about 6-8 weeks to heal. It may or may not require surgical intervention. What is a Jones Fracture? All your questions answered here

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Can a Jones fracture heal in 6 weeks?

A Jones Fracture is just like any other broken bone and takes about 6-8 weeks to heal. It may or may not require surgical intervention. What is a Jones Fracture? All your questions answered here

Would be awesome if he can return for Purdue game (February 4). 

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Not comparing the two players but the situation..what was the mood when JBJ got hurt for the 2015 season? Was probably IU's 2nd leading scorer. Team wasn't ranked and had kind of underachieved. Bottom line: season's not over. Team has to step up. It does sound like he could return at some point in February. 

DJ White in the 05-06 season with a fractured foot. Had very high hopes that season much like this years. Him and Killingsworth down low. We were preseason ranked and ranked for a good portion. Got in the tournament as a 7 seed and lost to the 2 seeded Zags in the 2nd round. That was Davis’ last year.

I imagine a 7 seed now and we’re happy…my have times changed LOL. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

DJ White in the 05-06 season with a fractured foot. Had very high hopes that season much like this years. Him and Killingsworth down low. We were preseason ranked and ranked for a good portion. Got in the tournament as a 7 seed and lost to the 2 seeded Zags in the 2nd round. That was Davis’ last year.

I imagine a 7 seed now and we’re happy…my have times changed LOL. 

Yes. Another good one. I remember that year too. I think this team has the ability to rise. 

15 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Yes. Another good one. I remember that year too. I think this team has the ability to rise. 

In a shock to no one, lol, I don’t. The 2016 team had a lot of leadership. Yogi, Biedfelt, Zeisloft, even Hartman. It had a bunch of talent and shooting. 2nd in the conference in 3pt shooting at 39.7%. This team has none of that, imo. Xavier was the closest thing to a “dog” that we had. Guard was already our biggest weakness and Xavier was our best one. The 2016 team beats this team by 20+, imo  

But, who knows. Maybe they’ll prove me wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

In a shock to no one, lol, I don’t. The 2016 team had a lot of leadership. Yogi, Biedfelt, Zeisloft, even Hartman. It had a bunch of talent and shooting. 2nd in the conference in 3pt shooting at 39.7%. This team has none of that, imo. Xavier was the closest thing to a “dog” that we had. Guard was already our biggest weakness and Xavier was our best one. The 2016 team beats this team by 20+, imo  

Don’t forget how that team started, though, and the mediocrity of the year prior. We think of those guys as leaders because they were much worse than this team in the non-conf, then awesome from January on. If they don’t turn it around, there’s some really different legacies in that group.

40 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

In a shock to no one, lol, I don’t.

I take it you’re a newer fan? The ‘05-06 squad was solid. They would’ve been very legit if DJ White didn’t fracture his foot twice and miss practically the season. We had high expectations that year. Killingsworth was a senior transfer so we never saw him and DJ team up. Another unfortunate injury. Killingsworth/White >> Trayce/Race to give you an idea of how good those players were. I encourage you to watch the Duke/IU 2005 highlights. Gives you an idea of how good Killlingsworth was as well as how excited our fans were for that team. Many claim that game was the loudest Assembly Hall has ever been. 
also Earl Calloway our PG that year resembles X. Incredibly fast.

here’s the link:

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Not sure I agree with that especially early on. That team was a disappointment early on. They were #13 early. Terrible Maui trip. Bad loss at Duke. I know they had a comeback against Notre Dame in Indy that sort of turned things around. For me, it wasn't until they beat Purdue that I thought that team was special. Point is, let's see how these guys respond. If they start the B1G season slow, then yes. However, I kept hearing how deep this team was. Time for them to prove it. 

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

The worst case scenario, both for IUBB and for X's career, would be if the injury diminished his elite skill -- quickness.

This is not good news, but a broken foot seems to be an injury that, once healed, will allow him to play at full speed.

Isn't that what DJ White had his sophomore year?

2 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

I take it you’re a newer fan? The ‘05-06 squad was solid. They would’ve been very legit if DJ White didn’t fracture his foot twice and miss practically the season. We had high expectations that year. Killingsworth was a senior transfer so we never saw him and DJ team up. Another unfortunate injury. Killingsworth/White >> Trayce/Race to give you an idea of how good those players were. I encourage you to watch the Duke/IU 2005 highlights. Gives you an idea of how good Killlingsworth was as well as how excited our fans were for that team. Many claim that game was the loudest Assembly Hall has ever been. 
also Earl Calloway our PG that year resembles X. Incredibly fast.

here’s the link:

Seem to recall 17,000+ fans simultaneously screaming NOOOO when Killingsworth was eyeing a three point shot! 

2 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

So, maybe X comes back 2/15. I haven't been on here in a while, what's the news on Race?

I'm 90% it's a MCL sprain. ...an early Feb return is for sure possible if that's the injury. 

SIdenote-- did Bill Polian invent IU's injury information release program? Holy crap. Just give us a little info lol 

On 12/21/2022 at 10:19 PM, hoosierdogg said:

Seem to recall 17,000+ fans simultaneously screaming NOOOO when Killingsworth was eyeing a three point shot! 

I had so high hopes Earl Calloway and Donald Perry thought they were going to be so good for IU