Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ebridges24

Xavier and Race

23 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm hoping you're correct. We need one more big game from someone who doesn't have a 3 letter name

This team can win and win big without X. Just requires a bench to step up. As I said earlier this week, thank goodness the NCAA Tournament is at a neutral site. 

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Watch Bates casually drop 20 against Purdue

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Unfortunately I think him dropping 20 some against MSU was the highlight of the season for him. 

Bates lacks confidence and the killer instinct that’s needed to be consistent and reliable. Some guys have that dog in them, then lose it. Rarely do they lose it and gain it back. I really like TB and don’t want to trash him. He seems like a great young man. I just wouldn’t bet on him getting it together and meeting the expectations he came in here with. Hopefully I’m wrong and he develops on a similar trajectory that he did in HS. 

2 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

Bates lacks confidence and the killer instinct that’s needed to be consistent and reliable. Some guys have that dog in them, then lose it. Rarely do they lose it and gain it back. I really like TB and don’t want to trash him. He seems like a great young man. I just wouldn’t bet on him getting it together and meeting the expectations he came in here with. Hopefully I’m wrong and he develops on a similar trajectory that he did in HS. 

I totally agree. I would love to be surprised but he doesn’t seem to be in the right mindset 

2 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

What happened in HS? Did he start off slow in the underclass years?

13 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

Which is weird, because if you remember when he came in, Woodson said he loved his swagger. I don't remember that those were his exact words, but he said that he loved that he played with attitude, or something along those lines.

9 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’d be shocked if he doesn’t get it. They hand those things out like free samples at Sam’s Club. This is great news for the 23-24 Hoosiers. 

I take it the 1/3 or less of a season played includes the postseason? He played in 11 games. 

Of course, he's probably doing this in the advice of the coaches and AD staff who know the ins and outs of the system so they're probably confident he'll receive the waiver. 

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

I take it the 1/3 or less of a season played includes the postseason? He played in 11 games. 

Of course, he's probably doing this in the advice of the coaches and AD staff who know the ins and outs of the system so they're probably confident he'll receive the waiver. 

I think the waiver he’s going for and the 1/3 of season rule are 2 different things. Could be wrong there, but like you said he’s got a lot of people that know what they’re doing advising him. I’m putting him on next year’s roster in permanent marker based on his statement.