Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: IUBB at Kansas Sat 12/17/22 Noon ESPN2

38 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Kansas and AZ are both top 5 teams. Rutgers has our number. Relax. If you thought this was a F4 team you were being unrealistic. We should be happy with being ranked and hopefully staying in the 25-15 ranks all year. That is a step forward. We barely made the tourney last season. 

Lol you know who else has IU’s number? 

1. Purdue

2. Illinois

3. Michigan

4. Michigan State

5. Wisconsin

6. Iowa 

7. Penn State

8. Maryland

9. Ohio State

10. Northwestern

havent had a winning record in the big ten since 2016. Haven’t won 3 in a row in conference play since Romeo Langford was on the team. 

Dismissing the Rutgers performance because they have our number is interesting. Basically the entire big ten “has our number”

no the sky isn’t falling, but there are plenty of reasons to be concerned

10 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

6. Iowa 

Not arguing your overall point, but I'm curious why Iowa made your list. Prior to last season, we had won 8 of the last 11 with them. 

7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Not arguing your overall point, but I'm curious why Iowa made your list. Prior to last season, we had won 8 of the last 11 with them. 

If that’s the only one you can pick out of that list, I think you understand the point of the post 

17 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

1. Purdue

2. Illinois

3. Michigan

4. Michigan State

5. Wisconsin

6. Iowa 

7. Penn State

8. Maryland

9. Ohio State

10. Northwestern

havent had a winning record in the big ten since 2016. Haven’t won 3 in a row in conference play since Romeo Langford was on the team. 

Dismissing the Rutgers performance because they have our number is interesting. Basically the entire big ten “has our number”

Im just saying the 3 losses we have are 3 i expected us to have. Im getting at your point that the sky isn’t falling. I had us going .500 for b1g away games. Just feel like there’s a lot of overdramatized takes going on for mid December. 

3 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

If that’s the only one you can pick out of that list, I think you understand the point of the post 

In the same time frame I used for Iowa...

7-3 against Penn State

7-5 against Illinois

5-4 against Northwestern

Purdue, Michigan, and Wisconsin for sure...the rest seem like a reach. 

21 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

In the same time frame I used for Iowa...

7-3 against Penn State

7-5 against Illinois

5-4 against Northwestern

Purdue, Michigan, and Wisconsin for sure...the rest seem like a reach. 

four losses to NW..... YIKES

Before the BTT Illinois won 4 in a row. Once underwood got it rolling, they have def had the upper hand and IU hasn't finished above them in the standings since 2019

2-7 against OSU since Holtmann took over.

43 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Im just saying the 3 losses we have are 3 i expected us to have. Im getting at your point that the sky isn’t falling. I had us going .500 for b1g away games. Just feel like there’s a lot of overdramatized takes going on for mid December. 

It goes back to the way IU lost in each of those games. The team looked to have the same issues as it has the past few years. 

Maybe you expected it, but I did not expect to lose to Rutgers, Arizona, and Kansas by a combined 51 points.

10 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

It goes back to the way IU lost in each of those games. The team looked to have the same issues as it has the past few years. 

Maybe you expected it, but I did not expect to lose to Rutgers, Arizona, and Kansas by a combined 51 points.

I agree!  We didn’t compete like good teams do!

56 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

I didn’t expect 3 loses, maybe 2 but it was how lost that is alarming!  We get off to a poor start, we don’t compete for 40 minutes and the body language wasn’t good in all 3 loses, especially from our veteran players 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

If those were close games and IU only lost each by a few points, I doubt we'd be having this conversation. Instead, they got blown out in all 3 and just didn't look good at all. Kind of like the last few years, hence some concern. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

1. Purdue

2. Illinois

3. Michigan

4. Michigan State

5. Wisconsin

6. Iowa 

7. Penn State

8. Maryland

9. Ohio State

10. Northwestern

Don't forget Indiana State and IUPUI Ft Wayne.  :)  

Frankly, I discount the entire Archie Miller era.  It was such a turd show it shouldn't count.  Maybe we could vacate those seasons.  

10 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Don't forget Indiana State and IUPUI Ft Wayne.  :)  

Frankly, I discount the entire Archie Miller era.  It was such a turd show it shouldn't count.  Maybe we could vacate those seasons.  

I would discount it if the same things with the some of the same players weren’t happening. 

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I didn’t expect 3 loses, maybe 2 but it was how lost that is alarming!  We get off to a poor start, we don’t compete for 40 minutes and the body language wasn’t good in all 3 loses, especially from our veteran players 

I thought we would be 9-2 with losses to KU and Xavier before the season started 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought we would be 9-2 with losses to KU and Xavier before the season started 

Yeah, the drama stuff is to me just that. We played really badly ag KU and much of the AZ game but went 2-2 in those 4, we’ve looked strong and deep in several games, and we haven’t been at full strength, with 2 key players in JHS and X having injuries or being injured in those 2 bad losses. The Rutgers loss stings me more bc it was a weaker team that just beat us up bc of how our bigs play.

sky’s not falling, we’ll be fine

20 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Yeah, the drama stuff is to me just that. We played really badly ag KU and much of the AZ game but went 2-2 in those 4, we’ve looked strong and deep in several games, and we haven’t been at full strength, with 2 key players in JHS and X having injuries or being injured in those 2 bad losses. The Rutgers loss stings me more bc it was a weaker team that just beat us up bc of how our bigs play.

sky’s not falling, we’ll be fine

People also forget how many naghing I juries we have had this season causing miss games but more importantly practices,

TJD 

Galloway 

JHS 

Duncomb 

Leal 

Now XJ

44 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

People also forget how many naghing I juries we have had this season causing miss games but more importantly practices,

TJD 

Galloway 

JHS 

Duncomb 

Leal 

Now XJ

Like how Rutger had injuries early in the season and one of their better players came back after not practicing for a week or so?

Woody from tonight's radio show --

We just didn't show up.  Said coming in the statistics were close and thought it would be a good game.

Quote from Woody:  "We stunk"

Still evaluating X injury.  Day-to-day.  Know more Wednesday.  Didn't make any references to it being a long term injury.

Still has to figure out Geronimo's and Reneau's place in the rotation.  Mentioned games like Xavier and Arizona that had good bigs, which made it tough to play Geronimo for longer spurts.

Woody has been on Reneau a lot lately.  Gotta get his motor higher.

He can't really complain about the leadership of this team but still feels he needs to get a little bit more out of his older guys.

The doctor who surgically repaired Woody's back when he played at IU was in the audience for tonight's radio show.  

Avoided commenting on the starting lineup for the Elon game.

With the upcoming 12-day layoff after the Kenesaw game, the team will get 3-4 days off.  Each player will have a take home practice schedule.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Woody from tonight's radio show --

We just didn't show up.  Said coming in the statistics were close and thought it would be a good game.

Quote from Woody:  "We stunk"

Still evaluating X injury.  Day-to-day.  Know more Wednesday.  Didn't make any references to it being a long term injury.

Still has to figure out Geronimo's and Reneau's place in the rotation.  Mentioned games like Xavier and Arizona that had good bigs, which made it tough to play Geronimo for longer spurts.

Woody has been on Reneau a lot lately.  Gotta get his motor higher.

He can't really complain about the leadership of this team but still feels he needs to get a little bit more out of his older guys.

The doctor who surgically repaired Woody's back when he played at IU was in the audience for tonight's radio show.  

Avoided commenting on the starting lineup for the Elon game.

With the upcoming 12-day layoff after the Kenesaw game, the team will get 3-4 days off.  Each player will have a take home practice schedule.

Ehhh? Interesting comment

37 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Did he say if he'd had an MRI or not?