Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

IUFB & The NIL Variable

What I'm getting at here is the current collective associated with IU is dropping a lot of balls. Case in point, Dasan McCullough, a regional marketing dream (Like IU Bloomington) for companies like Adidas.

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

What I'm getting at here is the current collective associated with IU is dropping a lot of balls. Case in point, Dasan McCullough, a regional marketing dream (Like IU Bloomington) for companies like Adidas.

Are you saying Dasan is worth the same at IU as Oklahoma? Even if the pay was the same why stay at one of the worst programs in the country when you could go to one of the most successful?

57 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Are you saying Dasan is worth the same at IU as Oklahoma? Even if the pay was the same why stay at one of the worst programs in the country when you could go to one of the most successful?

I'm saying the collective dropped the ball. He was wanting 300k or whatever the value was. If Dasan plays at OU he's not guaranteed his jersey sales will show the same numbers in a smaller market football program like IUFB. Heck man, it's not a guarantee he even steps foot on the field next year. But it was almost a guarantee he was the future and face of the defense in Bloomington. Not so much in Norman. He can become all that by producing but he was already doing that at a Big Ten school in a division that currently has 2 of its schools playing for all the marbles. The collective(s) messed up on this, big time.

To be fair, it's possible Dasan just wanted out. Which might be the case. But in opinion you at least have to make sure you meet his demands.

25 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

And we're sitting here wondering if IU could drop 275k on Emory f'n Jones lol.

IUFB doesn't stand a chance until business strategies and priorities are set with the collective(s). This can actually work because Indiana University is an institution that has some business savvy alumni.

20 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

IUFB doesn't stand a chance until business strategies and priorities are set with the collective(s). This can actually work because Indiana University is an institution that has some business savvy alumni.

I sure wish some would get involved as opposed to what we have now. Unfortunately, I have a hunch IU’s business savvy alumni might realize setting a couple million a year on fire in the backyard might be a better use of their money than giving it to IU football.

On 12/20/2022 at 4:21 PM, Hovadipo said:

I sure wish some would get involved as opposed to what we have now.

I was standing in line to see the original rules of basketball when the Hysterics crew came up to the end. It was pretty long line but it was moving pretty fast. I don't know much about those guys, outside of following them on Twitter. I don't listen to the podcast b/c that guy's voice is unbearable. I gather most people think they have good intentions but are annoying. From that small time observing them, they were far more cringe worthy than I imagined. He cut to the front of the line while acting like he "had to film something". He was just doing a twitter live feed. 2 or 3 of the others with them tried the same thing. I have no idea how they run their collective, but they sure don't make me want to contribute.

5 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I was standing in line to see the original rules of basketball when the Hysterics crew came up to the end. It was pretty long line but it was moving pretty fast. I don't know much about those guys, outside of following them on Twitter. I don't listen to the podcast b/c that guy's voice is unbearable. I gather most people think they have good intentions but are annoying. From that small time observing them, they were far more cringe worthy than I imagined. He cut to the front of the line while acting like he "had to film something". He was just doing a twitter live feed. 2 or 3 of the others with them tried the same thing. I have no idea how they run their collective, but they sure don't make me want to contribute.

I am firmly not in the “good intentions but annoying” crowd. Those guys suck hard and your experience isn’t surprising at all. If you look around long enough on Twitter you’ll see a bunch of experiences of those guys being ace-wipes off camera only to have the army jump in the replies in their defense. Idk for sure what the collective details are, but I’ve read that they promised to release the financials on it and have refused to do so, so far. Not great!

(Pro tip on seeing the original rules: leave your seats at the under-4 when your team is getting their teeth kicked in…not a soul in line!)

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I am firmly not in the “good intentions but annoying” crowd. Those guys suck hard and your experience isn’t surprising at all. If you look around long enough on Twitter you’ll see a bunch of experiences of those guys being ace-wipes off camera only to have the army jump in the replies in their defense. Idk for sure what the collective details are, but I’ve read that they promised to release the financials on it and have refused to do so, so far. Not great!

(Pro tip on seeing the original rules: leave your seats at the under-4 when your team is getting their teeth kicked in…not a soul in line!)

Hah...I was the guy yelling at IU fans leaving at the under 4 timeout. We showed up, we were loud, we had a hint of arrogance, and it was awesome. Sit there and eat it 'til the end!!

6 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Hah...I was the guy yelling at IU fans leaving at the under 4 timeout. We showed up, we were loud, we had a hint of arrogance, and it was awesome. Sit there and eat it 'til the end!!

No shame! We were still in the arena when the final buzzer sounded, but got to spend some time looking at the rules and the museum stuff downstairs which was nice. 

On 12/22/2022 at 7:42 PM, Hovadipo said:

Twitter is where all the sunshine pumping exist. And there seem to be many who are trying the same "be as annoyingly optimistic as possible and maybe I can be part of the program" shtick. Then the old dude who tries to act like paparazzi and just ends up being creepy taking secret pictures of players and recruits. Indiana Twitter can be... Overwhelming and almost void of reality.