Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

2022-23 Prediction League - Game 11 at Kansas Sat 12/17/22 Noon ESPN2

This is my first ever prediction, so I’m not in this for the competition. If I’m right, then I’ll keep guessing until my luck runs out. It’s impossible to determine how anyone will play on any given night, and Bill Self’s Kansas teams VERY rarely lose at home. That said, though, I don’t agree with a couple posters on this board (and far more on another board I just read) that IU has no chance if a certain player doesn’t play. It’s a team (and as much as I value JHS running the point, there are other players suiting up), and I think they surprise Kansas and rebound much better tonight. Here’s to hoping Johnson has one of his “can’t-miss-the-shots” and/or “can’t-miss-the-finds” and IU wins 73-68. I want to see Race and TJD playing their Batman and Robin game again. If not, then I want to see Geronimo playing minutes and gobbling up boards at a high rate. I want to see Bates continue to transform into the player we’ve all hoped for (I wasn’t overly impressed with his play until recently, but he seems to be finding his way and certainly finding his shot). I want to see Woodson play Reneau through fouls…let him foul out if these officials wish to whistle him for everything like we’ve seen nearly every place else…it’s a big boy’s game, and I want him to play through long enough to hopefully gain some momentum and regain some confidence we saw from him early on. Kopp and Galloway need their A-games.

If that score has already been taken, then I’ll say 81-79 in OT with an IU victory. 

Like I said, I’m predicting my first game with no shot of winning the prediction league, so why not put a little hope on the line? Besides, I think they can and will win. I predicted a loss in Vegas (in my head), but I’m surprisingly more sure of this win at Phog than I was with the Arizona game. Like someone else mentioned earlier, I think IU matches up better with Kansas than they did with Arizona, and I can only assume Woodson had lit a blazing fire. 

Go Hoosiers! Redemption game. 

Don't want to think much about this game.  We are  good team without H-S and a very good, bordering on elite with him in the lineup.  It isn't that he is so good but what his presence allows coach to do with the other players.  

Hoosiers  67       Jayhawks  77