Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Arizona (12/10) 7:30 p.m. EST on Fox

That game is a perfect example for TJD needing a jumpshot. He's just not the kind of player to consistently bang with a 7'0" 260lb-er all game. He had a really good stretch to end last season, but he didn't stand a chance tonight and they were daring him to shoot when he caught it off the block.

Where has the IU player development been? 'Zona has 6 Euro guys and they looked to be incredibly skilled

Both teams were 10-25 from three, but it sure seems like AZ hit a lot more than IU.  Glaring stat is AZ with 25 free throw attempts, and Hoosiers just 9.  Just sayin.  Hoosiers have to hit better than 42% and get to the free throw line more to win games like this. 

The last two games is the Tamar bates I expected coming out of high school.
good shooter, with a great mid range pull up. If he is finally putting it together and JHS gets healthy this is the best team in the big ten. Big if I know 
"Big if" pretty much sums this program up for the last 7 years.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

I hate complaining about the refs. It’s just tiresome. But I’ll say this…

We went from the unc game where we were called for everything to Rutgers where they beat us up and just laughed to this game, whatever the he11 it was, and I couldn’t imagine a worse case of whiplash.  

these guys were bad tonight, but the B1G refs are worse and the major outlier. 

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

That game is a perfect example for TJD needing a jumpshot. He's just not the kind of player to consistently bang with a 7'0" 260lb-er all game. He had a really good stretch to end last season, but he didn't stand a chance tonight and they were daring him to shoot when he caught it off the block.

Where has the IU player development been? 'Zona has 6 Euro guys and they looked to be incredibly skilled

Not applauding our development, but doesn’t a lot of those Euro guys’ development happen before they get here? The Tubelis guy plays for his national team and played for a yearly EuroCup contender before ever playing at Zona. I thought they said one of their other guys was in one of the big Spanish team’s development system too? Those kids just have a totally different path. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Not applauding our development, but doesn’t a lot of those Euro guys’ development happen before they get here? The Tubelis guy plays for his national team and played for a yearly EuroCup contender before ever playing at Zona. I thought they said one of their other guys was in one of the big Spanish team’s development system too? Those kids just have a totally different path. 

Yea…they have that soccer development that’s basically like the IMG academy but every team has one. 

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I hate complaining about the refs. It’s just tiresome. But I’ll say this…

We went from the unc game where we were called for everything to Rutgers where they beat us up and just laughed to this game, whatever the he11 it was, and I couldn’t imagine a worse case of whiplash.  

these guys were bad tonight, but the B1G refs are worse and the major outlier. 

Not to mention the two T’s at Xavier. 

8 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I agree.  TJD had the ball several times open at the foul line area, the Cats just were not  concerned he was open-not good!

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

I just was super impressed with Ballo. I refuse to believe that was the same player that transferred from Gonzaga. TJD has had some coaching turnover which hasn't helped, but he's had such a great career for IU it's hard to not think what could have been if he had a jumpshot. His game desperately needs it or finding 2-3" if he wants to sniff the next level

1 minute ago, colonel06 said:

I agree.  TJD had the ball several times open at the foul line area, the Cats just wasn’t concerned he was open-not good!

Yes.

He had several wide open 15 footers and the defender actually backed up giving him even more room (and clogging the paint). He has been GREAT for the program but man it would be a game changer if he could keep the defense honest from 15 feet. He doesn’t need to hit threes but a 15 footer would be a great addition.

The previous 'big ifs' weren't ifs we needed to be title contenders.  They were simply what we needed to be in the conversation for making the tourney.
Title contender? You're asking what we need to be a title contender? Yeah I'm not on that field with ya man. Can we win the B1G? Maybe but that doesn't mean we're title contenders nor does it mean we ever were. I'm not putting that kind of expectation on this season. Again I'll be happy to be top 3 B1G and possibly a 2nd weekend 4/5 seed team.

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

To to mention the two T’s at Xavier. 

It does seem like we’ve gotten our fair share of crap refs, but it usually evens out. None of them have cost us a game. I’d be apoplectic if simmering happened to us like Rutgers had happen at OSU. 

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Title contender? You're asking what we need to be a title contender? Yeah I'm not on that field with ya man. Can we win the B1G? Maybe but that doesn't mean we're title contenders nor does it mean we ever were. I'm not putting that kind of expectation on this season. Again I'll be happy to be top 3 B1G and possibly a 2nd weekend 4/5 seed team.

I was meaning big ten. The ifs this season are MUCH smaller than years prior 

20 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I’m more here. We’re a legit 15-25 team. They’re a legit top 10 team. The proof was on the court. 

Also our rebounding has cost us two games. Some of that is JHS but it’s something we need to work on.   

I have to chuckle at the guys in the Nebrask thread that thought our rebounding was better even though I pointed out nebraska dropped 4 guys back and only sent one to the offensive glass.   

Clean up the second chance points and we probably have a close loss. Not horrible. 

I’m not sure what evidence we have yet that we are a top 25 team. The rebounding tonight was mostly our bigs getting out muscled. JHS I’m sure makes an impact but it don’t think he impacts much of any of their offensive boards. 

I’d absolutely love to have a team that is showboating down the court while the opposing team’s star is dazed on the floor at the other end (this is NOT a shot at TJD, unlucky on his part but a microcosm or the game), and blowing kisses to the crowd (who is decidedly in favor over the other team) after draining another dagger three. Give me this all day.