Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Arizona (12/10) 7:30 p.m. EST on Fox

Hopefully woodson sees that we need real size

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Alternatively, We project to be much smaller. Is Bidunga coming in? Will we find a ready Big I’ve been begging for, for over a season? Something has to give. Staff knows we need size, badly. Where will we find it, is the real question.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Thoughts...

• General
    • 10+ loss... but refused to die and go away... 
    • Really needed JHS IMO
    • Overall really hurt by size...
    • Their INTL players are damn good
  • Good
    • Race - 3pt awakening ... LMAO
    • Kopp's O - another good offensive game
    • Bates - very nice game
    • Reneau - better than I thought vs AZ's size
    • The last 30 minutes
  • Bad
    • First 10 minutes... 
    • TJD - he got abused by AZ's size
    • X - is in a funk (shooting) ... but did have 11 assists.. 
    • Refs sucked a big bag of smelly, sweaty, rusty hammers

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

We were down 6, had them on the ropes and that was an immediate 6 point swing that had them up 12. The momentum changed completely after that. It was insurmountable. 

It sucked, yes. We didn’t lose by a possession or 2. We got worked. Every run we made they had a better one. We fought well at times and folded, absolutely folded in others. It wasn’t the missed goaltend, or the flop. It’s that we aren’t actually that great. And Arizona is. I really wish we were. But we aren’t. 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Good point from Rick Bozich:  Still more valuable than playing in the Crossroads Classic.

Crossroads classic isn’t the problem. It’s the 6 exhibition games we play against dixie land directional schools. 

Hard to overcome a 30-15 start.

Nice to see Bates getting some confidence and hitting shots.

No JHS hurt.

Refs sucked but have to give AZ credit for going on seemingly a half a dozen 7-0 or so runs when we got close. They are probably better than any team in the BT. Inside, outside…tough.

Friends at the game are texting me that it is getting nasty between the fan bases at the end of the game.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

No way the reffing crew let us walk out of Allen with a Win. We aren’t good enough to run away with the game shooting. They have athleticism and shooting. 2-2 in our 4 bigger games. Not too bad really.

I didn't say we would win, just we have a better chance in that one. Arizona does a lot of the things we want to do they just do them better and have more talent. 2-2 in our recognizable noncon games. We snagged the bottom 2 of those and still think we have a punchers chance at the Phog. If we start like we did today or TJD just disappears we'll get blasted.

Arizona is good.  That’s a different game with JHS.  Would love to play them again down the road with him.  He is better than any guard they have on both ends.

TJD has never guarded size.  No excuse for his lack of rebounding and running the floor hard though.    

Not too discouraged by this other than TJD.  Seeing a lot of posts that their ceiling is championship ours is sweet 16.  I think lot of posts underestimating the effect having JHS has on a game like this.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

I didn't say we would win, just we have a better chance in that one. Arizona does a lot of the things we want to do they just do them better and have more talent. 2-2 in our recognizable noncon games. We snagged the bottom 2 of those and still think we have a punchers chance at the Phog. If we start like we did today or TJD just disappears we'll get blasted.

We have a much better chance at Kansas. We match up way better. This game is good for the guys because this will prepare them for any team.

8 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

You won't because you have a bias. As do I and virtually every other fan everywhere. Don't give up a 17-0 run and maybe things are different tonight but the refs didn't account for 15 pts. Maybe 8 at the most.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

He never said that IU should have won.  The question he had was pretty valid IMO about tonight's officiating at least, though.  

Refs being a difference of 8 points is a HUGE number.

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

It sucked, yes. We didn’t lose by a possession or 2. We got worked. Every run we made they had a better one. We fought well at times and folded, absolutely folded in others. It wasn’t the missed goaltend, or the flop. It’s that we aren’t actually that great. And Arizona is. I really wish we were. But we aren’t. 

I’m more here. We’re a legit 15-25 team. They’re a legit top 10 team. The proof was on the court. 

Also our rebounding has cost us two games. Some of that is JHS but it’s something we need to work on.   

I have to chuckle at the guys in the Nebrask thread that thought our rebounding was better even though I pointed out nebraska dropped 4 guys back and only sent one to the offensive glass.   

Clean up the second chance points and we probably have a close loss. Not horrible. 

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Hard to overcome a 30-15 start.

Nice to see Bates getting some confidence and hitting shots.

No JHS hurt.

Refs sucked but have to give AZ credit for going on seemingly a half a dozen 7-0 or so runs when we got close. They are probably better than any team in the BT. Inside, outside…tough.

Friends at the game are texting me that it is getting nasty between the fan bases at the end of the game.

Worse than being 30-15, it was 27-8 at one point.

Can't be mad about that. We just don't have the horses to run with a team like that. They are more complete and have floor generals. Was really hoping Hood was back tonight but must be more serious than they are letting on. IU is a good 20-25 team until we get some better talent on this squad. Or at the least, better decision makers when on a big stage

I believe this team gets rattled way too easy, but won't quit which will help them snag a couple this year.

Alternatively, We project to be much smaller. Is Bidunga coming in? Will we find a ready Big I’ve been begging for, for over a season? Something has to give. Staff knows we need size, badly. Where will we find it, is the real question.

Maybe we can get zona's contacts overseas

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

The last two games is the Tamar bates I expected coming out of high school.

good shooter, with a great mid range pull up. If he is finally putting it together and JHS gets healthy this is the best team in the big ten. Big if I know 

We didn’t have JHS.

We got hit by a 17-0 run AGAIN.

TJD was in foul trouble a significant amount of 2nd half.

And yet, we never went away. Against a GOOD opponent we kept competing, even though we clearly didn’t play nearly as well as we can.

Let’s get healthy. Sure, we need to clean up some things. But this team could be dangerous come March.