Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Arizona (12/10) 7:30 p.m. EST on Fox

14 point loss, but there were positives.  10/25 from three -- that's 21 threes in the past two games.  Nice second half for Bates.  Even with no JHS and X needing to sit part of the first half because of fouls, only had 10 turnovers.  Kopp has hit his shots the last three games.  Race 4 of 7 from deep....not expecting him to be a big deep threat but if can hit North of 30% that makes us so much harder to guard.  IU hit 53% in the second half. (although still seems quite strange that in the second half IU had ONE free throw)

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’ve watched my fair share of ball this year and if you don’t think this is the best team in the country, you’re more than welcome to publicly be wrong. 

Wait I thought that was Purdue? And it wasn’t really close? 

at least that what I read from some of the IU media “eye roll”

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

You have to be kidding me. Like have to to be absolutely kidding me. I’d love to grasp at straws like this but they just worked us. Offensive rebound after offensive rebound. Shooting clinic. We played a title contender and proved that we are not one. 

We were down 6, had them on the ropes and that was an immediate 6 point swing that had them up 12. The momentum changed completely after that. It was insurmountable. 

Why does it seem officials always make bad calls against us. I would like to see one game this year and say wow that was a well officiated game.
You won't because you have a bias. As do I and virtually every other fan everywhere. Don't give up a 17-0 run and maybe things are different tonight but the refs didn't account for 15 pts. Maybe 8 at the most.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’ve watched my fair share of ball this year and if you don’t think this is the best team in the country, you’re more than welcome to publicly be wrong. 

I thought that prior to them losing at Utah. Was really surprised they lost that game as they have a number of really good players mixed in with a completely D-bag coach. All game he was auditioning for the Izzo/Coach K/Fran whining hall of fame.

1 minute ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Not a perfect game from anyone but man Trayce let us down tonight. A small portion was a size disadvantage but a large portion was lack of aggressiveness and will to win. You'd think someone with NBA aspirations would want to show out in games like this up against NBA caliber size.

I've just never been convinced he's that type of player.

I love the kid, really good player but he's always been missing an edge to him. He has a nice guy feel to his game.

I actually like our chances better @KU more than I liked our chances against Arizona. KU doesn't have the bigs that Arizona has that can neutralize TJD.

No way the reffing crew let us walk out of Allen with a Win. We aren’t good enough to run away with the game shooting. They have athleticism and shooting. 2-2 in our 4 bigger games. Not too bad really.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

IU shot much better the second half but Arizona just overpowered them. Once TJD got into foul trouble he didn't defend although he caught a nasty elbow by not defending. Arizona was simply better and Indiana looked lost at times especially in the first half. In the second half IU got it down under 5 a couple of times but just couldn't get key stops and make shots that would enabled them to tie or get in front.