Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Arizona (12/10) 7:30 p.m. EST on Fox

We played that half without our starting backcourt for the most part and it showed. I’m taking some solace in the fact this team wasnt at full strength by a long shot, and won’t be in the second half either 

Were able to cut it about in half, which is good.  Just not a good start.
Right which is my point. It took a lot of effort and Race hitting 3-3's to get the lead to 10 at half.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just now, IUc2016 said:

We played that half without our starting backcourt for the most part and it showed. I’m taking some solace in the fact this team wasnt at full strength by a long shot, and won’t be in the second half either 

We played a stretch with Galloway and Kopp manning the backcourt positions.  Bates and X have to be smarter on defense and not get in foul trouble.

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

Hate to be hard on Bates but don't play him.  Whatever momentum we got was quickly stymied when Bates played defense. 

It’s facts. Outside a couple good games against lesser competition - Bates has been a disappointment.

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

Hate to be hard on Bates but don't play him.  Whatever momentum we got was quickly stymied when Bates played defense. 

Problem is that with JHS out, our guards are X, Trey, and Bates.  Gunn is behind Bates and I don't have confidence that he'll be any better than Bates.  Bates at least has shown he can go off offensively.

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Problem is that with JHS out, our guards are X, Trey, and Bates.  Gunn is behind Bates and I don't have confidence that he'll be any better than Bates.  Bates at least has shown he can go off offensively.

He's so bad right now that I'd take Geronimo over him. 

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Why do I get the feeling this JHS injury is just going to keep lingering and then come back again a time or two?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

It’s a pretty safe bet. Back injuries/conditions suck. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

It’s facts. Outside a couple good games against lesser competition - Bates has been a disappointment.

He has, but he's coming off the best game of his career against a team that beat Creighton and took Purdue to OT today.  When X got in foul trouble and with JHS out, not much else we can do but play him.