Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB @ Penn State - Thursday, 12/8/22 @ 7:00 on B1G+

2 minutes ago, Todd41 said:

Scalia has shot poorly the last two games.  3-12 today and 2-9 Sunday.   I expect this will turn around after the break as she has been a much better shooter in her career. 

I agree.  I also think she is being taught to be some other things (facilitator) and being the answer to N.C. Hillary Defender type player.  This may affect her confidence or concentration on 3 ball which I think her shooting will come back as well.  All this will pay off in 2023.

49 minutes ago, Todd41 said:

Michigan loses to Toledo at home. 

Most inexcusable loss for any Big Ten team this year. Toledo lost to this PSU team. UM was favored by 17.

Without Grace, I was really hoping for a win tonight. We have a pretty favorable schedule until January 18 when we play at Illinois. I hope we can get Grace back by then as the last part of our schedule looks pretty tough. Home and home against Purdue, Michigan, Iowa, and Ohio State. We will need her healthy by then - hopefully! 

On another note, I was really happy at the length of our bench at the beginning of the season. It has shortened. I feel Lexus and Lilly need more valuable minutes. However, need to trust what coach is doing. Go Hoosiers!

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Toledo was the MAC preseason favorite. This was a risky move by Michigan to schedule this game. 

So risky PSU beat them and Mich was favored by 17.

Toledo is a very solid mid-major but an upper half Big Ten team has no business winning by anything less than double digits. Michigan just failed to show up and were run off the floor for a while before their comeback was just short. 

10 hours ago, GoHoosiers1996 said:

Without Grace, I was really hoping for a win tonight. We have a pretty favorable schedule until January 18 when we play at Illinois. I hope we can get Grace back by then as the last part of our schedule looks pretty tough.

Not a good feeling about Grace's rehab but at the very least we need to get Browne and Geary back in the mix and then avoid any injuries that will cause multiple game misses for anyone else.  Bargesser and Meister can provide spot minutes but we can't rely on them too heavily just yet and we can't afford to burn out our current starting 5.  Break in our schedule really coming at an opportune time.  

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

T. Moren has often committed on C. M-M development and work.  Chloe is a class act and her short comments say it very well regarding IU Lady offense.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Been nice if they could have used a picture of Mack in the tweet.

I was curious who were the other two, so I looked it up.  They are (pts/rebounds/blocks):

Jill Chapman - 1999-2002 1865/970/197         All-time #5/#4/#2
Quacy Barnes - 1995-1998 1428/640/269        All-time #16/unranked/#1