Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, OliviaPope40 said:
In a pool report, lead official Lisa Jones said the technical came when Clark didn’t pass the ball to an official after the Hawkeyes had been given a delay-of-game warning for batting the ball away after a made basket earlier in the third quarter.

Officials are not perfect but looking at the rules for women's basketball, they go it correct in this instance.

f. Attempting to gain an advantage by interfering with the ball after a goal 
or by failing to immediately pass the ball to the nearest official after a 
whistle is blown (See Rule 10-12.3.k);

Art. 2. One team warning shall be given for each of the delays in Rule 4-9.1.d 
through .g. Each warning shall be reported to the official scorer. Thereafter, a 
technical foul shall be assessed for the delay that has previously received a team 
warning.

PENALTY (Art. 3.a through .l): Two free throws awarded to the offended 
team. Following the last free throw, play resumes with a throw-in by the 
offended team at the division line opposite the scorers’ table or a jump 
ball to start the first quarter. A player/substitute technical foul shall 
apply toward an individual’s five personal fouls toward disqualification, 
two technical fouls toward ejection and the team-foul total.

NCAA Publications - 2021-22 and 2022-23 NCAA Women's Basketball Rules Book - ONLINE ONLY

8 hours ago, Todd41 said:

Officials are not perfect but looking at the rules for women's basketball, they go it correct in this instance.

f. Attempting to gain an advantage by interfering with the ball after a goal 
or by failing to immediately pass the ball to the nearest official after a 
whistle is blown (See Rule 10-12.3.k);

Art. 2. One team warning shall be given for each of the delays in Rule 4-9.1.d 
through .g. Each warning shall be reported to the official scorer. Thereafter, a 
technical foul shall be assessed for the delay that has previously received a team 
warning.

PENALTY (Art. 3.a through .l): Two free throws awarded to the offended 
team. Following the last free throw, play resumes with a throw-in by the 
offended team at the division line opposite the scorers’ table or a jump 
ball to start the first quarter. A player/substitute technical foul shall 
apply toward an individual’s five personal fouls toward disqualification, 
two technical fouls toward ejection and the team-foul total.

NCAA Publications - 2021-22 and 2022-23 NCAA Women's Basketball Rules Book - ONLINE ONLY

The call was made (after previous warning)…but was made on dead ball (no advantage gained).  Ref may have been out of position because ref could have or even should have been where Caitlin No looked passed ball….another high level player skill.

I almost think regardless of whatever rules were correctly (or incorrectly) applied, Clark could've been assessed a T just because it was an unsportsmanlike play. 

A call went against her team, so she angrily flung the ball out of bounds. That could've garnered a T on its own merit -- in my opinion. It's one of those situations where had nothing happened, I'd have been fine, but I certainly wasn't thinking the official was out of line for calling it. 

And apparently, the Iowa bench had just been warned for yapping -- so the officials probably were getting to the point where they had enough. 

4 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I almost think regardless of whatever rules were correctly (or incorrectly) applied, Clark could've been assessed a T just because it was an unsportsmanlike play. 

A call went against her team, so she angrily flung the ball out of bounds. That could've garnered a T on its own merit -- in my opinion. It's one of those situations where had nothing happened, I'd have been fine, but I certainly wasn't thinking the official was out of line for calling it. 

And apparently, the Iowa bench had just been warned for yapping -- so the officials probably were getting to the point where they had enough. 

I get your point/opinion... its just the whole production that pisses me off. The women's officiating is a JOKE. 

100% OSU does not come back and beat us in the B1GT without the absolutely ridiculous amount of help from the refs. At times, it's like it's competitive officiating, and I'm not even kidding. 

I watched a lot of the games on Friday, Sunday afternoon I was busy/watched IU base DHer vs. PSU.... but I turned LSU/Iowa on for 2 mins, 4 straight possessions ended in a foul... saw an official with a mask on, that did the games on Friday and she SUCKED then.... so I turned it off. 

The amount of chatter on Twitter that is solely about this games officials is kind of crazy, and imo... could be a good thing for the girls game if it keeps bringing criticism... but imo, the fact the two story lines from the game are 1. how bad the officials were (even though that wasn't some anomaly, it's literally that bad every game) 2. AR's actions .......are just not good looks for GBB. 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Can't imagine how much money they'll make. 

Just in calendar sales alone…besides everything else….Doing what they are financially suppose to do leaving most everyone in the dust…the gimmick, the opportunity times….they seem to be well guided and know what to do to make money.and the time is instantly now….besides college life which I am sure they enjoyed they have great perspectives to take advantage of opportunities….isn’t financial independence in their case one of the number one reasons to go to college.

Just now, TTT said:

Just in calendar sales alone…besides everything else….Doing what they are financially suppose to do leaving most everyone in the dust…the gimmick, the opportunity times….they seem to be well guided and know what to do to make money.and the time is instantly now….besides college life which I am sure they enjoyed they have great perspectives to take advantage of opportunities….isn’t financial independence in their case one of the number one reasons to go to college.

100% it is. The amount of butthurt IU fans blowing them crap on twitter for IG/TikTok and this decision are pretty annoying. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

100% it is. The amount of butthurt IU fans blowing them crap on twitter for IG/TikTok and this decision are pretty annoying. 

Pretty admirable the perspective and smartness of them to capitalize on guidance and opportunities.  
My thoughts…when watching them make their run in the March Madness tournament they seemed to me to play pressure free.  Yes, I think they wanted to win but I don’t think they were that upset when they lost in the tournament.  They were just having a fun time doing what they do.  That was my observation when watching them play in a packed gym vs IU Ladies.  If they would have lost vs IU Ladies it would have been…well what is on our schedule upon our return to Miami?  That no pressure attitude served them well in the tournament.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Pretty admirable the perspective and smartness of them to capitalize on guidance and opportunities.  
My thoughts…when watching them make their run in the March Madness tournament they seemed to me to play pressure free.  Yes, I think they wanted to win but I don’t think they were that upset when they lost in the tournament.  They were just having a fun time doing what they do.  That was my observation when watching them play in a packed gym vs IU Ladies.  If they would have lost vs IU Ladies it would have been…well what is on our schedule upon our return to Miami?  That no pressure attitude served them well in the tournament.

Again, I agree 100%. I think they're a genius for making this type of move. Some of these wrestlers in WWE are worth over 20-30 million dollars. There isn't that money, for them, in women's sports. 

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Again, I agree 100%. I think they're a genius for making this type of move. Some of these wrestlers in WWE are worth over 20-30 million dollars. There isn't that money, for them, in women's sports. 

I tried looking it up and looks like the highest paid woman in WWE this year is making a couple mil.  Most women listed were 300-500k range which is still nothing to complain about.  They could get promotional deals etc too.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I tried looking it up and looks like the highest paid woman in WWE this year is making a couple mil.  Most women listed were 300-500k range which is still nothing to complain about.  They could get promotional deals etc too.

They could be making half a million a year, easy. I would take the first job that got me out of class lol 

That ain't a bad setup. 

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

According to The Sporting News, their net worth is already around $5m

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They could be making half a million a year, easy. I would take the first job that got me out of class lol 

That ain't a bad setup. 

I'd take that too.  Big question would be if they can pick it up, they're athletes but that's not something they're used to i.e. performing the moves safely and taking the bumps and the WWE has had athletes that couldn't get that down.

Depending how much Vince McMahon is involved now they're looks could help, there have certainly been people he pushed simply because he liked their look.

12 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'd take that too.  Big question would be if they can pick it up, they're athletes but that's not something they're used to i.e. performing the moves safely and taking the bumps and the WWE has had athletes that couldn't get that down.

Depending how much Vince McMahon is involved now they're looks could help, there have certainly been people he pushed simply because he liked their look.

Don’t dismiss other possible promotional, tv, movie, advertising etc deals…it seems their parents and consultants have directed them long before now.  Kinda one of those situations that have all the luck or a lot going for it.  Give them credit they have learned and are highly skilled in how to market themselves carry it out or implement it.  (Very talented in areas other than sports).  Sophisticated and smart (seem to be raised that way) in what they are doing.

On 4/18/2023 at 12:42 PM, JSHoosier said:

It can work into a pretty long shelf life plus post wrestling opportunities.  Book deals, trade shows, reality tv shows, television and film opportunities.  And with the UFC and WWE being purchased by the same corporation and now under the same umbrella, I would expect even more opportunities in terms of merchandising/conventions.

8 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

It can work into a pretty long shelf life plus post wrestling opportunities.  Book deals, trade shows, reality tv shows, television and film opportunities.  And with the UFC and WWE being purchased by the same corporation and now under the same umbrella, I would expect even more opportunities in terms of merchandising/conventions.

I'd say acting will happen at some point.