Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

33 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Illustrates the problem women's basketball has; it exists in a vacuum still.  People only pay attention one month out of the year, and just ignore everything else.  Clark was being touted as huge way back when the season started.

And she still has at least one more year of school left since you gotta be at least 22 years old to enter the WNBA draft.

I watched the 4th quarter today and have tried to give wbb a fair chance but I can’t do it. Compared to the men’s games yesterday….. my brain can’t take it.

Just now, Alford Bailey said:

I watched the 4th quarter today and have tried to give wbb a fair chance but I can’t do it. Compared to the men’s games yesterday….. my brain can’t take it.

Partially due to the pace and mechanics of the women's game being way behind the men.  If you like the ball of the 1980s and early 90s where defense (usually) is the focus of winning games, then the ladies are right for you.  But the men's game is so score-heavy that it conflicts with our short attention spans.

11 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Does this mean CC will no longer be all over my FB feed?

I follow the B1G Network on FB -- and they must've had a dozen CC posts between Friday's semifinal and today's game.

Can't figure who's more of a bootlicker -- ESPN or the B1G Network. 

5 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Partially due to the pace and mechanics of the women's game being way behind the men.  If you like the ball of the 1980s and early 90s where defense (usually) is the focus of winning games, then the ladies are right for you.  But the men's game is so score-heavy that it conflicts with our short attention spans.

Offenses in the men's game was better in the 80's and 90's over what we see today. The scoring and shooting percentage is lower today plus the pace is slower. Even with a 30 second clock and the 3 pointer you would think would increase offense 

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Caitlin did this “you can’t see me” at opponents this year

69226797-11913463-Caitlin_Clark_hit_Loui

As the game ended Angel Reese gave Caitlin one

14 hours ago, Demo said:

Reese is getting hammered pretty good on Twitter over this, making clear how few people had seen a second of Clark before last week. 

What she said after the game about it was really good stuff. 

CC never goes and finds one specific player and taunts them, or really even close. And either way, two wrongs don't make a right.. and Angel Reese was undoubtedly wrong... although, you can't blame her.. it's not like Mulkey gives a **** lol 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

CC never goes and finds one specific player and taunts them, or really even close. And either way, two wrongs don't make a right.. and Angel Reese was undoubtedly wrong... although, you can't blame her.. it's not like Mulkey gives a **** lol 

Refs not up to task in this game.

Ref explanation of T called on Clark is wrong by the rule book.  READ FULL RULE.

D. Staley and K. Mulky are classless coaches.  Especially, can’t stand Mulky.

Still waiting on explanation of T called on Mulky…oh there was not a T on Mulky…not even a warning.

side note:  at start of season Mulky did explain reason for weak non conference schedule was to develop team and not throw them into fire.  It worked because she knew LSU had much talent and it worked for March Madness championship.

10 minutes ago, TTT said:

Refs not up to task in this game.

Ref explanation of T called on Clark is wrong by the rule book.  READ FULL RULE.

D. Staley and K. Mulky are classless coaches.  Especially, can’t stand Mulky.

Still waiting on explanation of T called on Mulky…oh there was not a T on Mulky…not even a warning.

side note:  at start of season Mulky did explain reason for weak non conference schedule was to develop team and not throw them into fire.  It worked because she knew LSU had much talent and it worked for March Madness championship.

Has there ever been a women's champion that didn't have to beat a #1 seed before this season? 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Has there ever been a women's champion that didn't have to beat a #1 seed before this season? 

I cheated and used ChatGPT for your question. Here is the ChatCPT response.

Yes, there have been women's basketball champions who did not have to beat a #1 seed to win the championship. One example is the 1997 Tennessee Lady Volunteers team, which won the championship without having to play a #1 seed. They defeated #16 seed San Francisco, #9 seed Illinois, #5 seed Colorado, #3 seed Iowa, and #4 seed Old Dominion to win the title. Another example is the 2005 Baylor Lady Bears team, which won the championship without facing a #1 seed. They defeated #16 seed Southern, #9 seed LSU, #5 seed Michigan State, #3 seed Maryland, and #2 seed Michigan to win the title.

Tennessee was a 3 seed in 1997. Baylor was a 2 seed in 2005.  

3 minutes ago, Todd41 said:

I cheated and used ChatGPT for your question. Here is the ChatCPT response.

Yes, there have been women's basketball champions who did not have to beat a #1 seed to win the championship. One example is the 1997 Tennessee Lady Volunteers team, which won the championship without having to play a #1 seed. They defeated #16 seed San Francisco, #9 seed Illinois, #5 seed Colorado, #3 seed Iowa, and #4 seed Old Dominion to win the title. Another example is the 2005 Baylor Lady Bears team, which won the championship without facing a #1 seed. They defeated #16 seed Southern, #9 seed LSU, #5 seed Michigan State, #3 seed Maryland, and #2 seed Michigan to win the title.

Tennessee was a 3 seed in 1997. Baylor was a 2 seed in 2005.  

Sooo... not many. Sorry, I have zero respect for LSU. And thank you for the info. 

18 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

How did Tennessee a 3 seed and Baylor a 2 seed have a 1 seed type route to the title (16 -> 8/9 -> 4/5...)?

Well, Wikipedia as a backup source sucks.  Tennessee was a 1 seed. Baylor was a 2 seed.

44 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

How did Tennessee a 3 seed and Baylor a 2 seed have a 1 seed type route to the title (16 -> 8/9 -> 4/5...)?

In 97 Tennessee beat UCONN who was a 1. I don't think they beat a #1 in 98, though... that was not the teams they beat. Who he listed. 

Baylor in 05- ILL ST, Oregon, Minny, then beat #1 seed LSU, and #1 seed MSU. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

In 97 Tennessee beat UCONN who was a 1. I don't think they beat a #1 in 98, though... that was not the teams they beat. Who he listed. 

Baylor in 05- ILL ST, Oregon, Minny, then beat #1 seed LSU, and #1 seed MSU. 

Verfied and correct above.  I am going to use Chat.Btownqb next time!

In a pool report, lead official Lisa Jones said the technical came when Clark didn’t pass the ball to an official after the Hawkeyes had been given a delay-of-game warning for batting the ball away after a made basket earlier in the third quarter.