Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Nebraska - Wednesday, 12/7/22 @ 8:30 on BTN

8 hours ago, IU_FanClub said:

Find a way to split Arizona and Kansas, get guys some rest and less minutes against Elon and Kennesaw St and then we don't play between 12/23 and 1/5 which will be great to get guys fresher and healthier.

Please NO! Burn the boats! Go after Zona and KU with ferocity!

Scratch and claw 2 more W’s!

GO HOOSIERS!

See you in Vegas!

25 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

The bad, 15 turnovers.  The ugly, 7 of those by Johnson.

There were times last season when he was our best player, and times when he should've been at the end of the bench. 

Was hoping as a 23-year-old in his fifth year of college hoops, he'd shake those Jeckyll & Hyde performances -- but apparently not. There's still plenty of season left; hope he can find some level of consistency. Not holding my breath, though -- seems like if it was gonna happen, it would have by now. 

9 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

There were times last season when he was our best player, and times when he should've been at the end of the bench. 

Was hoping as a 23-year-old in his fifth year of college hoops, he'd shake those Jeckyll & Hyde performances -- but apparently not. There's still plenty of season left; hope he can find some level of consistency. Not holding my breath, though -- seems like if it was gonna happen, it would have by now. 

I've said it before, he has the mental stability of a bag of rats in a house fire.  He can be very good, but bad things can snowball and turn ugly in a hurry; he can be one of the better players on the floor, or the absolute worst.

13 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I believe you can say that about our 23 year old starting power forward as well.

Is it just coincidence that XJ has melted down the 2 games that JHS is out? Obviously, that wasn't an excuse last season, but jarring to see such a change from the first 7 games to the last 2. Unforced TO's, silly fouls, forcing everything. Very odd.  

13 hours ago, str8baller said:

Not taking them out. Just pointing out that as bad as Rutgers was, it was a couple of guys hitting open shots away from being competitive. Has nothing to do with scheme or whatever. Guys have to hit open shots. 

Sorry, misunderstood your point as I thought you were saying we weren’t playing that well if we backed out the threes but you were noting how bad we shot at Rutgers.