Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

Pretty obvious over the years you are the only one confused about IU football 

see... that's the thing, we were discussing the transfer portal. It's been a net gain for us. So no, I'm not the confused one. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Cam Camper, DJ Matthews, Ryder Anderson, Shivers, Henderson, Handy (sigh).... and I haven't even scratched the surface about how good the portal has been to us... and there have been multiple articles detailing the guys we "lost"... very few ended up at other Power 5s. 

But, sorry, I'm not following the doom and gloom like I'm supposed to. lol my bad. 

The doom and gloom  comes from watching 50 years of IU football. We might be getting good players in the portal but it hasn't helped with winning.

I think we’ve had a net positive from the portal, but even more of a net positive for me at least was finally addressing the O-line. After Hiller was gone we averaged over 200 yards rushing. With Hiller we averaged less than 100 against teams not named Idaho. Anybody think we couldn’t have flipped the Maryland and Rutgers games, maybe even Nebraska, by simply not having Hiller run the O-line? I’m optimistic based on Bostad alone, the net gain in the transfer portal is just…..ah geez we’re gonna win the East aren’t we?

Check out this thread. Have never seen this helmet or the flying IU midfield logo before that I remember. Those are indefensible. 

On 6/6/2023 at 6:14 PM, Scotty R said:

The doom and gloom  comes from watching 50 years of IU football. We might be getting good players in the portal but it hasn't helped with winning.

Sure it has. 

On 6/11/2023 at 10:27 AM, Demo said:

Check out this thread. Have never seen this helmet or the flying IU midfield logo before that I remember. Those are indefensible. 

Wyche had marketing strategy…Everything including logo/ helmets etc with a forward slant to promote a positive image/attitude/trajectory.  It worked great for him…after 3-8 record (kinda like or exactly like a temp job (temporary job) slid right into the Cincinnati Bengals job/professional football.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

Nay.  Side note, IUFB actually had a winning record that year.

Just another ploy trying to win a football game.  Can’t blame in.  Desperate circumstances call for desperate measures sometimes even though however small….ND at times toyed with their uniforms for an important game/s 

17 hours ago, TTT said:

Just another ploy trying to win a football game.  Can’t blame in.  Desperate circumstances call for desperate measures sometimes even though however small….ND at times toyed with their uniforms for an important game/s 

It's not his fault. The band clearly didn't get the forward trajectory notice :D

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

It's not his fault. The band clearly didn't get the forward trajectory notice :D

The 1958 uniform was referring to Dickens era.  The forward logo slant was referring to Wyche era. Both just trying to climb out of the cellar lol.