Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

28 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

We get the first B1G 3:30 CBS game. Hell yes.

That Sept 8 Friday game is blasphemy for ISHAA football. A lot of Indiana high school coaches and fans want to go see their hometown kid play but will miss out.

1 minute ago, Lebowski said:

That Sept 8 Friday game is blasphemy for ISHAA football. A lot of Indiana high school coaches and fans want to go see their hometown kid play but will miss out.

Big night for coaches to go out recruiting too. Doesn't make sense to me especially because, I believe, both schools agree to play on Friday...not a TV decision. Just weird.

On 5/31/2023 at 2:10 PM, Hovadipo said:

Big night for coaches to go out recruiting too. Doesn't make sense to me especially because, I believe, both schools agree to play on Friday...not a TV decision. Just weird.

I was thinking the complete opposite. LOL! Regardless, it's bad for IHSAA football. 

36 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Man, the one cupcake game on the schedule and it pisses off the IHSAA fans. 

Meanwhile, I gotta ask, when did Tom Allen give up as a development coach and just go whole hog on the transfer portal? 

It’s typical in IU football program that coaches inevitably grasp for straws.  (Used to keep hope burning)

Lateral moves on talent level does not produce more wins.  Just different names with near same outcomes.

IU football fans will know in 3 to 5 months….boy how times fly by.

7 minutes ago, TTT said:

It’s typical in IU football program that coaches inevitably grasp for straws.  (Used to keep hope burning)

Lateral moves on talent level does not produce more wins.  Just different names with near same outcomes.

I’m not sure we’ve even made a lateral move in talent. Must use the portal to fill spots.

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

I definitely wouldn’t miss a HS football game to go watch IU football. Especially if the HS team was good and or my kid played.

At this point, there's not much that IU football should have a priority over.

59 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Meanwhile, I gotta ask, when did Tom Allen give up as a development coach and just go whole hog on the transfer portal? 

Panic set in after 2021 and he's been throwing crap at the wall hoping it sticks ever since. I also, as the eternal optimist, hope something sticks soon. He doesn't have the leash (or the capability......."SQUIRREL!") to run a Ferentz-style development program.

7 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

It's very cool that Dunbar and Randle El are on the College HOF ballot....but why do I have NO recollection of IU being a Nike school in the early-mid 90's? 

Screenshot 2023-06-05 231309.jpg

IIRC, it was right after Knight was fired. Here's Haston in Nike garb too.

Ex- IU basketball star Kirk Haston elected in blowout

21 hours ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Not just the fans but coaches as well. Keep in mind a lot of coaches in the IHSAA played football at IU and ISU. And they coach/coached a lot of kids that are on both rosters. They'd like to make the trip to not only see their alma mater but also the kid(s) they coached in high school. 

Give up is probably not the word I would use but to each their own. The portal goes both ways and losing players (i.e. Dasan McCullough) to the portal is what it is. Overall, I believe CTA actually came out ahead with the portal this year and some of them are young and will need to be developed. But that's just my opinion. 

21 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Panic set in after 2021 and he's been throwing crap at the wall hoping it sticks ever since. I also, as the eternal optimist, hope something sticks soon. He doesn't have the leash (or the capability......."SQUIRREL!") to run a Ferentz-style development program.

Indiana doesn't have that ability, more so than the current coach. 

22 hours ago, TTT said:

You're confused if you don't think the portal has been a substantial net gain for us over the past 4-5 years.  We've lost essentially no one and have ended up with some damn good ones.  

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Indiana doesn't have that ability, more so than the current coach. 

Due to the schedule? I would agree with that. Our net gains from the portal need to translate to real wins soon if we're ditching the development thing he used to talk about though.

I like our portal class this year, so as always I'm finding 6-7 wins on the schedule.

4 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Due to the schedule? I would agree with that. Our net gains from the portal need to translate to real wins soon if we're ditching the development thing he used to talk about though.

I like our portal class this year, so as always I'm finding 6-7 wins on the schedule.

Well start with the 3 losses and work out lol 

Cam Camper, DJ Matthews, Ryder Anderson, Shivers, Henderson, Handy (sigh).... and I haven't even scratched the surface about how good the portal has been to us... and there have been multiple articles detailing the guys we "lost"... very few ended up at other Power 5s. 

But, sorry, I'm not following the doom and gloom like I'm supposed to. lol my bad.