Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The behavior and antics? lol what are you talking about? 

No issue with this being a make-or-break year because the last two seasons have flopped.. pretty much on board with that, little worried that the 6 win thing is just super tough with our schedule, but regardless.. the man is paid handsomely. But the issue you have is with his antics and behavior? Odd, just odd. Glass house type thing for me, but you do you. 

I have issues with both his team’s performances and his antics. It’s not an either or situation. Neither is great. If you’re cool with his antics that’s fine, but I don’t like them. Why is that a problem for you? His personality carries over into the team. 

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

It was a different era dude.  How about we talk about who got more guys drafted?  How about Heisman candidates?  How about beating Michigan and Ohio St. in the same year?

So.. a different era means he can still have a below .500 record? But that wasn't the point. I asked what coach had been successful at Indiana....no one has answered that yet. 

There were 12 rounds per draft when Mallory coached lol.. I'm sure he had more guys drafted. Heisman candidates... so now Cam Cameron is the best! 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So.. a different era means he can still have a below .500 record? But that wasn't the point. I asked what coach had been successful at Indiana....no one has answered that yet. 

There were 12 rounds per draft when Mallory coached lol.. I'm sure he had more guys drafted. Heisman candidates... so now Cam Cameron is the best! 

Ya know you seem to be the only guy here this morning in CTA's corner.  Why is that?  #F'LEO

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

Ya know you seem to be the only guy here this morning in CTA's corner.  Why is that?  #F'LEO

Oh so now it's about me lol gotcha. 

What coach at Indiana has been successful has STILL not been answered, I see. Is it a jealousy thing? 

It's really weird to be bothered by another human caring for others. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh so now it's about me lol gotcha. 

What coach at Indiana has been successful has STILL not been answered, I see. Is it a jealousy thing? 

It's really weird to be bothered by another human caring for others. 

I saw those Mallory teams and I say him.  

CTA doesn't bother me.  

Carry on.

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

I saw those Mallory teams and I say him.  

CTA doesn't bother me.  

Carry on.

CTA doesn't bother you? then what was this whole discussion about? 

Personally, I've always been more of a Bo McMillin, Madison Gonterman and James Horne fan. Although Gonterman never beat Purdue and Horne split with them. Bo was the guy, got us our first big ten conference title.  

All kidding aside...looking back at our coaches and records, and it's just sad. McMillin is the only coach with a .500 or better conference record. He was also .561 overall, had an undefeated team and is the last coach in our history with a winning record, but that takes us back to 1934-1947 time frame. Since then, the best conference record is Mallory at .376, behind Allen at .327. Poor Bob Hicks was 1-8 overall and 0-6 in conference...followed behind ole DiNardo at 8-27 .229 overall and 3-21 .125 in conference. 

Just Brutal haha. 

Just now, monskisprodigy said:

Personally, I've always been more of a Bo McMillin, Madison Gonterman and James Horne fan. Although Gonterman never beat Purdue and Horne split with them. Bo was the guy. 

All kidding aside...looking back at our coaches and records, and it's just sad. McMillin is the only coach with a .500 or better conference record. He was also .561 overall, but that takes us back to 1934-1947 time frame. Since then, the best conference record is Mallory at .376, behind Allen at .327. Poor Bob Hicks was 1-8 overall and 0-6 in conference...followed behind ole DiNardo at 8-27 .229 overall and 3-21 .125 in conference. 

Just Brutal haha. 

Kind of my overall point. 

Mallory retired when I was in elementary school. Since then-- Cam Cameron, DiNardo, Bill Lynch, Kevin Wilson, and Hep. 

Kevin Wilson is the best coach out of this bunch, but that dude dug his own grave... Allen is lightyears ahead of CC, JD, and BL. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Mallory retired when I was in elementary school. Since then-- Cam Cameron, DiNardo, Bill Lynch, Kevin Wilson, and Hep. 

Kevin Wilson is the best coach out of this bunch, but that dude dug his own grave... Allen is lightyears ahead of CC, JD, and BL. 

Corso - .378 overall, .354 conference

Wyche - .273 overall, .222 conference

Mallory - .473 overall, .376 conference

Cameron - .327 overall, .300 conference

DiNardo - .229 overall, .125 conference, and 1 mediocre restaurant

Hoeppner - .391 overall, .250 conference

Lynch - .388 overall, .188 conference

Wilson - .321 overall, .167 conference

Allen - .429 overall, .327 conference

4 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Corso - .378 overall, .354 conference

Wyche - .273 overall, .222 conference

Mallory - .473 overall, .376 conference

Cameron - .327 overall, .300 conference

DiNardo - .229 overall, .125 conference, and 1 mediocre restaurant

Hoeppner - .391 overall, .250 conference

Lynch - .388 overall, .188 conference

Wilson - .321 overall, .167 conference

Allen - .429 overall, .327 conference

Wilson was cleaning up the over decade of mess that Cameron, DiNardo, and Lynch left. That program was an absolute disaster when he took it over. I think Hep would have won some here.. that by no means was a guarantee, and our Ds were still very very bad. 

KW was 6-7, 6-7 in his final two years. And we were in both bowls.. great games. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wilson was good when the going was good, but he was his own demise..... IMO, Hep was my dream coach of all those guys. He had IU going in the new, refreshing direction and it was exciting. 

I was an IU student during the best of the Mallory years, the late 80s.  I think what people choose to remember now is much better than what it was.  Northwestern and Wisconsin sucked then, and Penn State hadn’t joined the Big 10 yet.  Mallory dumbed down the non conference schedule and generally beat non conference cupcakes and the bottom of the Big 10.  He was 1-39 against teams that finished in the top 3 of the Big 10.  The years he beat Ohio State and Michigan, they finished in the middle of the conference at best.  So those of you who get your thrills bashing Allen would have done the same to Mallory.

20 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

I was an IU student during the best of the Mallory years, the late 80s.  I think what people choose to remember now is much better than what it was.  Northwestern and Wisconsin sucked then, and Penn State hadn’t joined the Big 10 yet.  Mallory dumbed down the non conference schedule and generally beat non conference cupcakes and the bottom of the Big 10.  He was 1-39 against teams that finished in the top 3 of the Big 10.  The years he beat Ohio State and Michigan, they finished in the middle of the conference at best.  So those of you who get your thrills bashing Allen would have done the same to Mallory.

OMG logic!!! THANK YOU!!!! This is exactly how my dad has described the Mallory years (though he really liked him). 

It's not about Allen at all. Never was. 

@Rico I guess it isn't just me. 

37 minutes ago, btownqb said:

OMG logic!!! THANK YOU!!!! This is exactly how my dad has described the Mallory years (though he really liked him). 

It's not about Allen at all. Never was. 

@Rico I guess it isn't just me. 

I liked Mallory as well.  Great representative for IU, just like Allen is.  

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Allen and Mallory, pretty clearly lol 

I think Allen actually won more games in those two seasons though. And funny you are arguing this for a below .500 coach... 

but I'll play along.. did Mallory even get us to a January bowl game? 1 I think in like 14 years? Eeesh. 

A lot less bowl games back then and less Jan 1 games. When I was growing up there were 5 New Year day bowl games. Rose,Sugar, Cotton, Orange, Fiesta

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Anthony Thompson finished second in tbe Heisman under Mallory. I can't believe anyone thinks how he handles himself on the side line sees a poised HC.  How many other power 5 conference HC do you see acting lole him on tbe side line.  I don't think I ever saw Saban run up to a player and head butt him with player having a helmet on.

4 hours ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

I remember playing more than cupcakes in the non conference. I remember playing UL, UC, UK, Missouri