Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I just find Tom Allen embarrassing. All the other programs in the conference make fun of his spastic personality. He’s the opposite of cool, calm, and collected. He’s a goof. You’d think we just won the Super Bowl with the way he celebrates some of our in-game plays. 

His teams take after his personality. They’re always undisciplined and out of control. For all the rah rah he preaches, he rarely holds players accountable. They make mistake after mistake and trot right back onto the field. 

And don’t even get me started on #LEO. No one wants to hear you chant your catch phrase after you get beat by 50 for the umpteenth time. 

Allen and Crean are both goofballs. Just cringy.

10 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Allen and Crean are both goofballs. Just cringy.

Have you actually met either? Lol or you just judging from a far? 

Super middle school in this thread recently. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The truth is a funny thing. It's not dependent on whether you like it or not.

You asked about other IUFB coaches success. I'm old enough to remember Coach Mallory. He managed to have a respectable team on a yearly basis and really good ones every few years. He got good players and developed them into really good or great players. He was also a class act.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone about our current football coach. The results speak for themselves. Anyone can see his record and see him on the sidelines and decide for themselves. If that is what you want, than I'm happy for you.

9 minutes ago, bigrod said:

You asked about other IUFB coaches success. I'm old enough to remember Coach Mallory. He managed to have a respectable team on a yearly basis and really good ones every few years. He got good players and developed them into really good or great players. He was also a class act.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone about our current football coach. The results speak for themselves. Anyone can see his record and see him on the sidelines and decide for themselves. If that is what you want, than I'm happy for you.

Oh so no one has been succesful or had a good record is what you meant to say. 

His record was like marginally, at best better than CTA. Every good thing you mentioned about Mallory... CTA does. 

You all get so personal about our coaches .. thats the cringey part. Judge from a far... I get it. 

"See him on the sidelines" excitement bothers you? You're right, I won't argue with you about him.  

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

His record was like marginally, at best better than CTA. Every good thing you mentioned about Mallory... CTA does. 

You all get so personal about our coaches .. thats the cringey part. Judge from a far... I get it. 

"See him on the sidelines" excitement bothers you? You're right, I won't argue with you about him.  

"Excitement"... Acting like you've won the super bowl because you're going into halftime tied... He looks like a moron 99% of the time. Dude still hasn't learned how to manage the clock. He was good because he had two assistants who knew WAY more than him.

Super middle school by acting like IU football still is not one of the worst programs in cfb history and the current coach isn’t an embarrassment? You sure go out of your way to defend garbage.

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

Pretty sure Mallory didn’t have the benefit of opponents best players sitting and empty stadiums for a whole season.

Just now, Alford Bailey said:

Super middle school by acting like IU football still is not one of the worst programs in cfb history and the current coach isn’t an embarrassment? You sure go out of your way to defend garbage.

I've not said any of that lol

But no, thinking CTA is an embarrassment would say more about that person than him. I just don't come to a message board to poke fun at someone that is miles more successful than me, is the HC at my favorite univ, and can't defend himself... but you do you do. 

You're cherry-picking stats. Once he got rolling, Mallory was more consistent over a longer period. He went to 6 bowls over 9 seasons in his prime. The three years he didn't over those years, they won 5, 5, and 7 games.

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Pretty sure Mallory didn’t have the benefit of opponents best players sitting and empty stadiums for a whole season.

Outside of Micah Parsons.. what player sat? Going to extra lengths to ridicule. This thread on this website sucks, quite honestly. 

"IUFB offseason news" turns into about 4 posters just constantly, immaturely poking fun of the program and coach. It's immature and annoying to read. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Outside of Micah Parsons.. what player sat? Going to extra lengths to ridicule. This thread on this website sucks, quite honestly. 

"IUFB offseason news" turns into about 4 posters just constantly, immaturely poking fun of the program and coach. It's immature and annoying to read. 

Then don’t read it. Why does criticism of Tom Allen bother you so much? Not liking Tom Allen’s behavior and antics is a perfectly legitimate criticism. 

2 minutes ago, bigrod said:

You're cherry-picking stats. Once he got rolling, Mallory was more consistent over a longer period. He went to 6 bowls over 9 seasons in his prime. The three years he didn't over those years, they won 5, 5, and 7 games.

I realize what his record was. I cherry-picked nothing. 

I asked for a successful coach in IU history. If below .500 is successful(Mallory), then having this big of an issue with CTA is confusing. "in his prime" made me laugh though... in reality, his last two seasons were absolute train wrecks. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Then don’t read it. Why does criticism of Tom Allen bother you so much? Not liking Tom Allen’s behavior and antics is a perfectly legitimate criticism. 

The behavior and antics? lol what are you talking about? 

No issue with this being a make-or-break year because the last two seasons have flopped.. pretty much on board with that, little worried that the 6 win thing is just super tough with our schedule, but regardless.. the man is paid handsomely. But the issue you have is with his antics and behavior? Odd, just odd. Glass house type thing for me, but you do you. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I realize what his record was. I cherry-picked nothing. 

I asked for a successful coach in IU history. If below .500 is successful(Mallory), then having this big of an issue with CTA is confusing. "in his prime" made me laugh though... in reality, his last two seasons were absolute train wrecks. 

When do we get to see Allen's prime? ...or have we already?

When you say his last two seasons were train wrecks, which coach are you talking about?

6 minutes ago, bigrod said:

When do we get to see Allen's prime? ...or have we already?

When you say his last two seasons were train wrecks, which coach are you talking about?

Allen and Mallory, pretty clearly lol 

I think Allen actually won more games in those two seasons though. And funny you are arguing this for a below .500 coach... 

but I'll play along.. did Mallory even get us to a January bowl game? 1 I think in like 14 years? Eeesh. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think Allen actually won more games in those two seasons though. And funny you are arguing this for a below .500 coach... 

but I'll play along.. did Mallory even get us to a January bowl game? 1 I think in like 14 years? Eeesh. 

JSMH.  Put your crack pipe down.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I'm not arguing anything. I'm just stating facts.

In TA's most successful season, he won 6 games. In reality, Allen's best move was to hire DeBoer and bring in Penix as QB. Allen's success came from those two guys and followed them when they left.

As I said before, if Allen's behavior and trajectory make you happy, then I'm happy for you.

Just now, btownqb said:

Which fact bothered you the most? 

It was a different era dude.  How about we talk about who got more guys drafted?  How about Heisman candidates?  How about beating Michigan and Ohio St. in the same year?