Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

30 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’d say Dasan and Barner will be the two departures we really feel. Need Bomba and Steinfeldt to step up now. Mostly just depth pieces other than that. QB too of course, but we’ll hopefully feel that for different reasons lol. 

Matt Weaver made a similar comment on a recent Hoosier Huddle podcast, basically stating that the talent coming in was equal to/if not better than what is going out.  Does that deliver 6 or more wins - who knows?!  But the coaching staff is doing what they need to on the TP/NIL front.

Curious to see the direction CTA takes with the last five or so scholarships, looking at tea leaves I would guess a combination of HS (Riles has an OV 1/27) & JUCO (staff engaged w/Nwokocha) over the coming weeks and a shift back to the TP later in the Spring.

37 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’d say Dasan and Barner will be the two departures we really feel. Need Bomba and Steinfeldt to step up now. Mostly just depth pieces other than that. QB too of course, but we’ll hopefully feel that for different reasons lol. 

Miller, Foley, and West (who imo can be a real dude for us)... along with the two you mentioned, imo, negate the loss of Barner. Barner was bothered by OL and QB play, for sure.. but I think he looked like a create-a-player more than he was a player. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Miller, Foley, and West (who imo can be a real dude for us)... along with the two you mentioned, imo, negate the loss of Barner. Barner was bothered by OL and QB play, for sure.. but I think he looked like a create-a-player more than he was a player. 

Might be on to something there. It was just tough to watch us go from scheming so much of the offense around Hendershot to leaving a kid that looks like Barner out of the gameplan entirely. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Might be on to something there. It was just tough to watch us go from scheming so much of the offense around Hendershot to leaving a kid that looks like Barner out of the gameplan entirely. 

I agree with that. Maybe it's bitterness on my end for him leaving... I just didn't necessarily feel he made the most of his opportunities as PH did the year prior. 

Regardless... I think this group can be a NET neutral, if that makes sense..  and past next year, could really be a strong spot. I am always on the positive side of things, as you probably know, but we do have some highly ranked kids there. 

10 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Not sure I’m buying a net positive on talent just yet…

I dont understand the hesitancy. Strictly speaking transfer portal guys going out vs guys coming in. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I dont understand the hesitancy. Strictly speaking transfer portal guys going out vs guys coming in. 

I'm not speaking for him but I read his comment being more directed at coaching these players more than anything. 

5 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I'm not speaking for him but I read his comment being more directed at coaching these players more than anything. 

Well thats fine. But, it's a process... you aren't making DAMN good steak from one you bought at Walmart. 

Start with a steak from the butcher.. they’re much more difficult to mess up and make you look better as a cook. ;) 

1 minute ago, TTT said:

IU football wins 2023 over and under 4.5

I’m optimistic about what we did in the portal, but next year’s schedule is brutal even by our standards. I’m taking the under and hoping we’re competitive and fun to watch unlike much of the past 2 seasons. 

I think Vegas will set it at 3.5. 

15 hours ago, maharkn said:

Swinton to eastern Michigan

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

We actually have guys that don't realize that the WRs we are bringing in are better than Swinton, who ended up at a MAC school, so there's that. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We actually have guys that don't realize that the WRs we are bringing in are better than Swinton, who ended up at a MAC school, so there's that. 

Grab the guy who as a freshman started at WR for Clemson in the national semi-final (4 catches, 80 yards and a TD) and the national championship game (5 catches, 45 yards) ... and lose Swinton?

Yes, I know that thereafter EJ Williams got injured and passed on the Clemson depth chart, but it is more than safe to say that is a massive upgrade.