Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

Just now, btownqb said:

Truly believe this was out of the coaching staff being smart with one of their thoroughbreds. There were simply games/situations that as a HS coach, you just aren't going to run your QB. Especially a D1 guy, ya know? 

CG didn't exactly have to sweat out a lot of their games. His running wasn't needed is my point. 

Not that you were saying to the contrary... just wanted to build on what you were saying. 

Yeah, that's the gist of it. I looked at their results from, I believe, his senior year and they only had a few games within 5 TDs. They were getting whatever they wanted whenever they wanted it even through the playoffs. They were indeed loaded.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Well.. first of all, he played on a LOADED team. I would not categorize him as a dual-threat QB, but he is a much better athlete than Bazelak. Better athlete than Tuttle, as well. 

His legs would resemble... maybe McCarthy at Michigans. You still have to account for them, imo. I mean, he is a modern Pro-Style QB, in my eyes... I don't see anyway, in any offense, you can play a statue like Matt Ryan or Bazelak. Ramsey ish.. but maybe not quite as fast. Yes, he is accurate. Through his SO year, I think they were exclusively Wing T (under center)... but I believe his JR and SR they did opened it up more. 

To repeat, the teams he played on were stacked. And they played the toughest competition in the state. And this is a great cliff notes of him.

I think the best way to describe him is an Athletic Passer that played multi-sports in high school. He'd prefer to stay in the pocket but you can utilize his athleticism in various different ways to cause havoc. The CG coaching staff did the right thing by changing up their offense for him. Potentially a Desmond Ridder type of qb. He didn't have high volume of passes in high school so I can see the need to have him develop a little which that was probably the case at Tennessee. If he's coming to IU and becomes the starter, we might see some growing pains with him but the ceiling is to the moon.

I'm actually a little bit giddy about these rumors and hope that OL coach gets that front 5 to improve because this could be something special. 

11 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

To repeat, the teams he played on were stacked. And they played the toughest competition in the state. And this is a great cliff notes of him.

I think the best way to describe him is an Athletic Passer that played multi-sports in high school. He'd prefer to stay in the pocket but you can utilize his athleticism in various different ways to cause havoc. The CG coaching staff did the right thing by changing up their offense for him. Potentially a Desmond Ridder type of qb. He didn't have high volume of passes in high school so I can see the need to have him develop a little which that was probably the case at Tennessee. If he's coming to IU and becomes the starter, we might see some growing pains with him but the ceiling is to the moon.

I'm actually a little bit giddy about these rumors and hope that OL coach gets that front 5 to improve because this could be something special. 

I think Ridder is a solid comparison, expect he isn't Ridder in the 40. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Well.. first of all, he played on a LOADED team. I would not categorize him as a dual-threat QB, but he is a much better athlete than Bazelak. Better athlete than Tuttle, as well. 

His legs would resemble... maybe McCarthy at Michigans. You still have to account for them, imo. I mean, he is a modern Pro-Style QB, in my eyes... I don't see anyway, in any offense, you can play a statue like Matt Ryan or Bazelak. Ramsey ish.. but maybe not quite as fast. Yes, he is accurate. Through his SO year, I think they were exclusively Wing T (under center)... but I believe his JR and SR they did opened it up more. 

What’s he like as a kid?  Is he wired to possibly be the face of a rebuilding situation. Is he a leader? 

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sadness…Seems like a very good culture kid. 

Yeah he was a good culture guy and provided some interior depth, but never broke through for whatever reason. Flashed a few times when he was younger, but never really put it all together. 

28 minutes ago, Demo said:

What’s he like as a kid?  Is he wired to possibly be the face of a rebuilding situation. Is he a leader? 

Can't answer that.  I will text one of my friends. He was CGs FR coach while TJD+TJ were in HS. 

We played CG once, at our place while TJ was in HS..  (basketball).. he was truly all business. Didn't show boat dunks before warm ups, stuff like that.  Which I doubt Zach Hahn puts up with much.  (Great coach)... 

Anyways... that night, the absolute only night I've ever been around the kid in person.. He left a good impression. 

7 hours ago, Barrel Rick said:

hey y'all..

as most of you know, I am Mike Woodson's brother in law, and widely considered among the fanbase to be the most trustworthy insider in the history of Indiana basketball. while I don't speak on it often, thru Mike; Tom Allen and I have become very close.

this morning, Tom and I had brunch at the iHop here on College Mall, and I asked him to spill Ricky some Hormel Beans on the new quarterback that we're hearing so many Rickumblings about. 

"it's Tayven Jackson, Rickwald," he confessed to me with a devilish grin..

Tom also confirmed to me that Cam Camper unfortunately was just today, diagnosed with a swollen left testacle, and could be out for the year.

prayers up, Cam. ice that thang.

- Barrel Rick, 2023, sponsored by Hormel Chili, Belle Tire, and White Castle

did Ricky call it, or did Ricky call it? #DontDoubtDaBarrel