Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

So far, only counting transfers, I have us at 13 scholarships out and 13 back in.

We're also a TCU and Baylor transfer away from snagging one from all the Texas P5 schools, not counting new Big 12 expansion teams. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

55 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

We're also a TCU and Baylor transfer away from snagging one from all the Texas P5 schools, not counting new Big 12 expansion teams. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

So, does Incarnate Word have a football team with a poachable portal guy?

Asking for a Hova friend.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

So, does Incarnate Word have a football team with a poachable portal guy?

Asking for a Hova friend.

They did last year (of the dual threat QB variety, at that!) and he went went to Washington State :(

One thing seems to be crystal clear, and I am grateful for:

Rather than rebuild through freshmen, IUFB seems determined to rebuild through portal guys who weren't yet given a full opportunity at major programs. 

That seems like a way better strategy than trying to compete by landing the 1000+ ranked recruits that are willing to pop for IU, especially because football is a game where 21 year olds are generally far more man-sized tough than 18 year olds.

Hey do you know what QB means?

Yes.

OK you are the new IU quarterback.  Slap a QB sticker on back and let’s go.

How much do you weigh?

300 lbs.

Can you stand up?

Yes.

Congrats.  You are going to play on the OL.

3 hours ago, reconmkd said:

Very true that they didn’t play those teams, however, in games against ranked opponents (USC 10th, Oregon 15th, Washington 12th, Utah 8th) OS only allowed 2 sacks. Was just comparing those teams since there is interest from their QB. And I thought that was a fairly decent stat. 

You're not wrong, Beavers' OL > IUFB OL. But I think it's fair to say those schools on that list aren't the same caliber to the big three in the East division. Tulane > USC, Ducks winner over a 9-5 UNC, and the big tell, Utah (15 sacks 109yds) allowed 6 sacks against PSU in the Rose.

If Nolan ends up at IUFB that's great but after a neck injury he never returned to the field. Just call me a skeptic. Regardless, I'd be happy to have him join Hoosier Nation!

51 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

You're not wrong, Beavers' OL > IUFB OL. But I think it's fair to say those schools on that list aren't the same caliber to the big three in the East division. Tulane > USC, Ducks winner over a 9-5 UNC, and the big tell, Utah (15 sacks 109yds) allowed 6 sacks against PSU in the Rose.

If Nolan ends up at IUFB that's great but after a neck injury he never returned to the field. Just call me a skeptic. Regardless, I'd be happy to have him join Hoosier Nation!

Definitely hope for the OL to eventually be able to stand tall against the big 3 in the East, but right now I'll settle for them holding up enough to compete/win against Maryland, Rutgers, Michigan St. Purdue, and whoever we play in the non-conference. Based on where the program is at right now, give me that consistently and I'm fine penciling in 3 huge losses to the big 3 in the East.

19 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Definitely hope for the OL to eventually be able to stand tall against the big 3 in the East, but right now I'll settle for them holding up enough to compete/win against Maryland, Rutgers, Michigan St. Purdue, and whoever we play in the non-conference. Based on where the program is at right now, give me that consistently and I'm fine penciling in 3 huge losses to the big 3 in the East.

I think that's the case for most of us IUFB faithful. Give me a solid front 5 and I'm tickled pink. That usually translates to winning half or more than half of your games on the schedule. 

Personally, I'd like a complete realignment of the entire conference to balance things up a bit. Once SC and UCLA get in we'll probably see that happen. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if IUFB somehow gets the raw deal during the realignment. But who knows.

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

I think that's the case for most of us IUFB faithful. Give me a solid front 5 and I'm tickled pink. That usually translates to winning half or more than half of your games on the schedule. 

Personally, I'd like a complete realignment of the entire conference to balance things up a bit. Once SC and UCLA get in we'll probably see that happen. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if IUFB somehow gets the raw deal during the realignment. But who knows.

But, we can't just have 5. We need more like 8 or 9. Injuries happen. 

Whether the crowd that doesn't support Allen wants to admit it or not.... Losing Bedford, Camper, Jones, and Matthews was a BIG deal. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But, we can't just have 5. We need more like 8 or 9. Injuries happen. 

Whether the crowd that doesn't support Allen wants to admit it or not.... Losing Bedford, Camper, Jones, and Matthews was a BIG deal. 

You are correct.  The depth is where IU struggles the most.  For all the complaints about “halftime adjustments” the truth is that most of the time we wear out in the 2nd half while other B1G teams can keep fresh without a substantial drop in talent.

1 minute ago, hoopsta007 said:

You are correct.  The depth is where IU struggles the most.  For all the complaints about “halftime adjustments” the truth is that most of the time we wear out in the 2nd half while other B1G teams can keep fresh without a substantial drop in talent.

f'ing half time adjustments smh .... you're correct. 

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

Good for him IU beautiful campus and Bloomington a beautiful area.  Inexpensive NIL.  Big time offers from ALABAMA state and ARKANSAS state. Another one against the odds  that has an opportunity to prove they are good enough to play in big ten east.

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

Good for him IU beautiful campus and Bloomington a beautiful area.  Inexpensive NIL.  Big time offers from ALABAMA state and ARKANSAS state. Another one against the odds  that has an opportunity to prove they are good enough to play in big ten east.

We aren't good enough to play in the B1GE... we are just forced to. What's your confusion?